Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redfield scopes

Options
  • 01-08-2009 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

A quick question (to take us all away from the politics:().

I've just bought a Redfield Tracker 3 - 12 x 44 scope secondhand for about €70. It was on a .17 hmr for a year or so and seems to have a nice clear picture.

Does anyone know these scopes or have any experience with them??

Thanks in advance,

FS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

They were a quality American scope. I Don't think they are made any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Jonty wrote: »
    They were a quality American scope. I Don't think they are made any more.

This has "JAPAN AJ" on the bottom of the saddle. I knew they were an american brand. So are they now subbied out tho the japs???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

http://www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html

There's something here about them

Thanks Jonty.

this one is marked as waterproof, Fogproof and Shockproof so I would think this is a new model Tracker which is made in Japan.

Might try it out on my .223 this week and will report back on it.

FS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

i had one a 3-9x 44 i think when i first started stalking good scope ,dont hear a lot about them now.

usmc snipers used them back in the 60-70s.

i would buy it at that money

• Advertisement

Quick comparison:

3 - 12 x 44 1" redfield V Sutter 6 - 24 x 50 30mm

The 1" and smaller objective on the redfield has a wider FOV by about 12 inches @ 25 yards.

The Redfield also seems to have a slightly clearer sight picture, this was judged by the ability to read writing on the side of a lightforce box at equal distances with equal magnifications (x8)

The redfield has NO parallax adjustment.

The Sutter I would liken to the Nikko Sterling Nighteater scope
    I have shot many foxes with Sutter and it has shown its ability on the range.

Next is the true test, in the field;)

FS

jwshooter wrote: »
    i had one a 3-9x 44 i think when i first started stalking good scope ,dont hear a lot about them now.

usmc snipers used them back in the 60-70s.

i would buy it at that money

Yeah , a good price, well I got the scope and a lightforce scope mounted 170 lamp with red filter and a deben connection to use my dimmer all for €150, good deal ??

FS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

A mate of mine had one on his 22-250 he taught it was the biz till he dropped it, could not get it fixed as they ain't made any more but great buy, well worth the few bob.

Thanks TB will let you know how it gets on, on range and in field this week.

Advertisement