Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Citizenship

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I and my wife lived in Australia between 1986 and 1989. While there we had our first kid and took out citizenship. We have been back in Ireland since but are thinking of returning there next year for a holiday/reconnaissance mission. I would like to know if our citizen certs are still valid and could we apply for an Australian passport if they are. We have a few more kids since and are wondering if they would be eligable for citizenship/residency on the basis they are dependants. Anyone have any advice or experience on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

If you have Australian citizenship - the real deal, the cert with the roo and the emu on it declaring you to be an australian citizen - there is no expiry date on that citizenship. You will be eligible for an australian passport.

Your kids will be eligible for citizenship too on the basis of your also being an aussie citizen.

Paperwork can take time though, so i'd get the ball rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's the real deal. So glad we did it now and I am proud to have it. I must get onto the paperwork to sort out the passports.

Advertisement