Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thomas Cook lock in.

• 01-08-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

On the way back after a few scoops and noticed a bit of a commotion outside Thomas Cook, remembered reading about this in this morning's Indo so asked the guy on the door could I go in and take a few Photos, once I proved I wasn't a right wing scumbag he let me in.
    Loved the comradieship of the workers, I even felt like getting a tax paying job!!

F9BD502A54B9484C8E16D06416B6615E-800.jpg

2DBB9737054145E7B51C45F2955996AE-800.jpg

1B3466472ED64D29916CD7B0A09F0517-800.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I have to say, I kind of cringed looking at those photos.

I hope they enjoy their 15 minutes, but they've been offered 3 weeks more pay than legally required, they should just be glad of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What do you work as RB? Or if you were laid off what did you work as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

:eek: This isn't a politics forum :pac:

Nice shots AR,Shame you didn't get more eye contact though!

• Advertisement

On the way back after a few scoops and noticed a bit of a commotion outside Thomas Cook, remembered reading about this in this morning's Indo so asked the guy on the door could I go in and take a few Photos, once I proved I wasn't a right wing scumbag he let me in.
    Loved the comradieship of the workers, I even felt like getting a tax paying job!!

How did you prove that?

Got any close up shots of the shouting / cheering etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

How did you prove that?

There's a handshake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

the guy in the second pic taking pics is Sasko Larskov (might have the spelling of his surname wrong) .... he works for Photocall Ireland (Photo Agency)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sheffgall

I think it is an outrage to think that managment could not give the staff of thomas cook any notice to them been jobless.:mad:
    Iam glad they got extra pay:).
    GOOD LOOK TO EVERY ONE WHO WORKS IN THOMAS COOK.:)

PCPhoto wrote: »
    the guy in the second pic taking pics is Sasko Larskov (might have the spelling of his surname wrong) .... he works for Photocall Ireland (Photo Agency)
    Wow, you have a hole on 1!
    Congratulations.

Zaraba have a look at me sometime on my Pixie. ;)

Ricky I prefer non eye contact, shots don't look as contrived, haviong said that these few shots do look very contrived, hehe.
    I was in and out within a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is looking like a retard a necessity when striking? What's with the pig masks? Or they the people with swine flu?

Is looking like a retard a necessity when striking? What's with the pig masks? Or they the people with swine flu?

What way is the "on strike" look/
    Is it a dirt grimed face or union papers in hand been waved through the air?
    The Pig's masks are for the usual bosses noses in the troughs, greedy Pigs I would hazard a guess at?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Is looking like a retard a necessity when striking?

no but being one is...

i used to pass alot of civil servents on the way to college on strike, whipped out the camera a few time to snap a few shots, honest to god, i stopped during framing a few times, they looked like they could barely tie their shoe laces, let alone work in their over paid and over staffed jobs...i put the camera away and if they spoke to me i gve them my opinion.

We need hard strong opinionated men like you to whip this country back into shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

photography people..... photography.

consider this an in thread warning.

thank you.

Advertisement