Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does The Fitz use boards?

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭

While looking through the tournie section it just dawned on me that i dont think i have ever seen The Fitz posting/advertising there games at all, news/updates, promotions they have running?

Virtually every other cardroom/club has some input on boards, SE/JP Poker/Big Slick/The Jackpot/The Poker Room etc etc etc.

Over the last while i have seen smurph posting alot of the info for The Fitz, im just a little curious i suppose as to why they dont post? As far as i am aware smurph is on the players committee (and a regular player there) so i can understand why she would take the time to post up some of the info.

Maybe they did back in the day before i was ever around here, hopefully somebody can enlighten me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Its aways been a forum reg as far as i can remember, Marq back in the day and now Smurph more recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Hi,
    Smurph here,
    too lazy to log in as myself. I am no longer on the players Committee, but put up posts of the Fitz regular games, and the promotions. They only really have one Festival in November, but have done the promotion in July and the same in August for their Saturday night game. Other than that the Fitz games have pretty much been the same for the last few years.

Denise by her own admission is Computer illiterate, so doesn't post, Dave I think posts as Biteme, and Marq posted about the festival before.

Hope this waffle clears up things......

It is more word of mouth about promotions that get people into the fitz, as alot of Boardsies play there now, much more than before.

Smurph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

mdwexford wrote: »
    Its aways been a forum reg as far as i can remember, Marq back in the day and now Smurph more recently.

Ah i had forgotten about Marq.
    rx8 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Smurph here,
    too lazy to log in as myself. I am no longer on the players Committee, but put up posts of the Fitz regular games, and the promotions. They only really have one Festival in November, but have done the promotion in July and the same in August for their Saturday night game. Other than that the Fitz games have pretty much been the same for the last few years.

Denise by her own admission is Computer illiterate, so doesn't post, Dave I think posts as Biteme, and Marq posted about the festival before.

Hope this waffle clears up things......

It is more word of mouth about promotions that get people into the fitz, as alot of Boardsies play there now, much more than before.

Smurph

Cheers for that Smurph, it just hit me today and i was just curiouse, as im not a big fitz player i wouldnt know many of the staff from there. I figured with the boom they have been having there the last while i thought it would of been in their own interest if they came on and done a few bits themselfs.

It is true what you say about word of mouth, EOM goes to show by that 130 the other night is phenomenal, if you havent played it in awhile you could turn up knowing confidently that it is gonna get some decent numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Yep,
    and considering that the Galway races were on and there were quite a few fitz "regulars" missing.

Poker players travel in packs,

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

smurph wrote: »
    Poker players hunt in packs.

FYP ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Theeglinton

smurph wrote: »
    Yep,
    and considering that the Galway races were on and there were quite a few fitz "regulars" missing.

Poker players travel in packs,

Bitterley dissapointed we didn't see you Collette ............:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Bitterley dissapointed we didn't see you Collette ............:(

Unfortunately with work at moment, put the head down and pray.....
    Never been to the Galway races, believe it's brillant, maybe next year.

Advertisement