Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rip off ireland. laptops from usa.

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

i once knew a guy that had a store . it closed down due to the recesion.
    then ,the custumers he had. he used to go to the states to get 2 or 3 high end laptops. fly over and still make a profit.. if this still possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

you mean import tax? I got my laptop in Ireland and had to pay VAT at 21%. Yes profit in this rip off ****hole is very much happening :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

From my experience, the ex-tax price of the laptops in the US is around the same price as here, they only look more expensive more as the prices quoted in the US are ex. tax of between 6 - 12% and the prices are inclusive of VAT at 21.5%

You are liable to pay the VAT on entry into the state and so you are better buying one here.

You are also better off as you will get a laptop designed for use in the UK\Ireland and get local support from the manufacturers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ozzieoz wrote: »
    if this still possible?
    Yes, people still smuggle goods into countries...

I am not sure if that answers your question, I am not sure what it actually was.

Advertisement