Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FlyBall

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here tried it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyball

for anyone who's not sure :)

not tried it myself - my pup might try it but she tends to lie down half way through coming back from getting the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I haven't tried it myself, but there is a club that meets in Dublin, in Cloghran every week.

They have all breeds there, including a couple of staffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I would imagine that the dog would have to be very well trained before hand? I would love to find some sort of structured sport for us to do.

I suppose the first step would be to do general obedience classes then agility. Other things (like doggy dancing :p) can follow.

ISDW - wasn't it you who recently wrote about dog activities? Can you suggest any sort of group activity we could get involved in where the dog does not have to be perfectly trained at the start.

(can I just apologise for my spelling today, I had a huge lie on, then fell asleep on the couch so I'm a bit slow and groggy today)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Would love to try it with our collie (approx. 10 yrs old) but think she may be getting on a bit for it although she's still flying around the field 90 miles an hour.

I know there's a few agility things going on around the country not sure how popular flyball is, is it harder to set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ive done it with my rottie, he picked it up in the 2nd week, and he loved it, i recommend it for any dog who loves tennis balls and having fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Where did you do it and how old was Cooper when you started? Was he coming on command, every time, before you started? Had you done and obedience or agility classes with him first?

Harley has dismal recall and no concentration when other dogs are around.

Advertisement