Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog friendly areas near N7 south

Options
  • 01-08-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

We are driving from Larne to the South West with our two dogs ultimately via the N7 in a couple of weeks. Can people recommend places en route that we can easily stop and let the dogs stretch their legs. They are big dogs so safe dog friendly parks close to the motorway would be helpful. My sense of direction is poor, so places where its easy to get back on the motorway would be best!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PabloD007

Take Curragh exit from N7 and head towards Curragh Racecourse, park up to the left of the roundabout immediately prior to the Racecourse (2 mins from Motorway), free to use from 1pm onwards (reserved for Horses prior to this). Area is relatively secure and ample room to let dogs stretch.
    General Curragh Plains not suitable as commonage areas with Sheep throughout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ruthsarah

Thanks very much Pablo. I noticed that area on the map and wondered if it would be suitable, but I did wonder about the horses! We should be later than 1 p.m. so that'll be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Corkagh Park - just beside Clondalkin, just off the N7: http://parks.southdublin.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=73&Itemid=133

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ruthsarah

Thanks olaola, that looks like a gorgeous park. I now have two to choose from, and with my sense of direction that's no bad thing.
    Ruth

Advertisement