Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brittany Cider

Options
  • 01-08-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I recently developed an allergy to beer, which meant I had to start drinking cider as my weapon of choice. I was scratching around looking for different ciders to drink - didn't like the sweetness of Bulmers, didn't like the sharpness of Strongbow and so on..

However, last month I holidayed in Brittany, France and wow, I was like a kid in a toy shop! The cider over there is like nothing I had ever tasted before. I was nearly drinking a different brand every day and it was all just like nectar going down. They come bottled like sparkling wine, cork pops open and when you pour it it looks just radient in the glass - a little cloudy, but I think it's an indication that they don't "over process" it.

I cannot find anything to equal it in Ireland - Any ideas anyone? I'm drinking Churchwards cider from Lidl at the moment - not bad but not in the same league as the French stuff..

An added bonus was that in two weeks in France, I did not have a single hangover.. Another indication of how pure the stuff is.

Has anyone else been as enlightened as I was?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There are some great French ciders around on the Irish market. Redmonds of Ranelagh have a good selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭oconn

saw some brittnay ciders in aldi a few weeks back not sure if its a regular thing now...it was the ones in the bottle with champagne style cork too they had a sweet and dry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

stepster wrote: »
    I recently developed an allergy to beer,

:eek:

That is shocking, I am sorry for your loss...

On a more positive note, is it a gluten allergy? If so there are a few gluten free beers out there.

Advertisement