Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyMeteor maintenance - 4 DAY OUTAGE, I'm porting away

• 01-08-2009 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

Can't find any related threads, sorry if it's been posted already!

I've just ported to O2. I wanted to save my last Meteor calls and topups using mymeteor.ie beforehand but the site's been down 'for maintenance' since 6pm Fri 31st July and will be unavailable for 96 (ninety-six) hours.

This is unbelievable. What company in their right mind would take 4 days to sort out their system during which time their customers can do NOTHING with their account??

It's the last straw, there's so much about Meteor that gets under my skin - the 4 confirmation messages when you topup enough to continue Free calls/texts, the half-hour struggle with Customer Service from the UK because none of the Directory Enquiries numbers would work, I got my pin wrong during the call and they asked for every single detail to do with my account - ALL WANTED WAS A PHONE NUMBER, letting your phone send a message only to get a poxy "Not enough credit" message back later, and more...

96 hours?? Clueless!

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You can't have 'just ported to O2' because you can't port from Meteor until Tuesday, and that's been in place since 11am yesterday. Meteor are overhauling their entire system. This isn't just a simple reboot. This is whole new machines, new software, new everything, the end result is that you, the customer, will have a more reliable network, access to better offers faster and more choice. One of the new benefits of this system is that any add ons that you request will start instantly, rather than your next billing date.

In all fairness, you're being a bit silly. It's 3 days, and it's a Bank Holiday weekend. You more than likely have other things to do with the time you more than likely don't have to work during. Unless you work for Meteor!!! :)

oneweb wrote: »
    This is unbelievable. What company in their right mind would take 4 days to sort out their system during which time their customers can do NOTHING with their account??

And just to clarify this for people also. While the systems are being upgraded you can

1) Use calls, texts, internet without issues on your handset.
    2) Ring 1905 for assistance with PIN numbers/PUK numbers
    3) Top Up as normal.
    4) Sign up for, and get, free texts/calls as normal.

You cannot

1) Access mymeteor.ie for webtexts, account services
    2) Get a replacement sim if you happen to lose your phone this weekend.
    3) Use *some* short codes, like My Minutes and Call Me messages.

Other than that, it's business as usual. If it was a case where people had no service for 4 days, your anger would be understandable, but the things you are complaining about are petty, small things. You don't like that they data protect your account? Personally, I'm glad they don't give out information willy nilly, like the O2 automated service used to do (phone number and DOB gave you full access to Pin/Puk and calls!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMEDYCORPSE

Funny I saw this thread, because my phone signal has been down for the past two hours and it's only gotten up to one bar right now.

Also my electricty is after going for the second time just now...What the **** is going on today!!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

chrislad wrote: »
    And just to clarify this for people also. While the systems are being upgraded you can

1) Use calls, texts, internet without issues on your handset.
    2) Ring 1905 for assistance with PIN numbers/PUK numbers
    3) Top Up as normal.
    4) Sign up for, and get, free texts/calls as normal.

You cannot

1) Access mymeteor.ie for webtexts, account services
    2) Get a replacement sim if you happen to lose your phone this weekend.
    3) Use *some* short codes, like My Minutes and Call Me messages.

Other than that, it's business as usual. If it was a case where people had no service for 4 days, your anger would be understandable, but the things you are complaining about are petty, small things. You don't like that they data protect your account? Personally, I'm glad they don't give out information willy nilly, like the O2 automated service used to do (phone number and DOB gave you full access to Pin/Puk and calls!)

Don't forget port on or off the network:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 B.Comm-Girl

Thats funny, r u sure bout the call me's cause my meteor friend sent me one today....?

• Advertisement

Thats funny, r u sure bout the call me's cause my meteor friend sent me one today....?

They may, or may not, work, hence the *some* :)

They'll be a little bit erratic but if you're having no issues, that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

if they could just sort out the signal by my house i'd be happy enough. Only for i've a good bit of credit in my phone i'd be gone to o2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rayobrien08

Since Friday evening at 6pm meteor has been down because they are bringing in a new billing system so and this will be completed by Monday morning

Advertisement