Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer and best before date

Options
  • 01-08-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Just found a box of 24 beers in the press..
    The best before date is february 2009 - Is it anyway safe to drink??!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Should be fine I'd say, Mightn't taste the best, I had about 4 cans of 2 year old heino a while back, didn't taste the best but no ill effects :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Yeah it's safe but it will definitely taste even more crap than regular Heino.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Fringe wrote: »
    Yeah it's safe but it will definitely taste even more crap than regular Heino.

Import Heino is actually quite nice, the Cork version isn't that great though imo

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

yoyo wrote: »
    Import Heino is actually quite nice, the Cork version isn't that great though imo
    the Heineken they make in Ladyswell in Cork is weaker at 4.3% vol. for tax purposes. If they brewed it at the standard 5% they would be paying more to Revenue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

grenache wrote: »
    the Heineken they make in Ladyswell in Cork is weaker at 4.3% vol. for tax purposes.
    They also make Irish-strength a Heineken at the plants in the Netherlands for canning and and bottling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well we have several boxes of Spaten here with a BBD of 07/09. I am willing to brave it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Well we have several boxes of Spaten here with a BBD of 07/09. I am willing to brave it ;)
    I wouldn't risk it, pm me your address and I will collect and dispose of it for you. My good deed for the day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Spaten Helles does tend to get horribly musty very easily if it's not fresh, I find

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Enjoy!

Advertisement