Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Idea

Options
  • 01-08-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I am applying for a MA and have to go for an interview; I have a fair idea what I want to do my thesis on, I know one can change their mind or whatever but I am fairly sure this is what I want to do mine on.

I am just concerned that it is a popular topic and that someone else will say it before me.

Does anyone know what happens in those situations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You should put your own spin on it. Depends on subject now, I mean, if you're inventing something here then you're in trouble if both of you have it. But if it's an Arts field them two people can write it, you'll both surely come up with a different angle, a different point to prove and hopefully different conclusions.
    It's not an ideal situation but it shouldn't affect you too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭thesecretforme

Yeah, it's Arts, it's just I had a friend in History and they wound up having the same idea or the same area as someone else and they were told that the person who first originally approached them about it, would be allowed research that area and the subsequent person had to find another topic basically.

Surely someone here knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

You might get more help if your post was legible to all users.

graby.jpg

...really grinds my gears. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭thesecretforme

I don't know what you mean?

What's wrong with my post why isn't it available to others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 afaphoenix

Yeah, it's Arts, it's just I had a friend in History and they wound up having the same idea or the same area as someone else and they were told that the person who first originally approached them about it, would be allowed research that area and the subsequent person had to find another topic basically.

Surely someone here knows?
    Hi,
    Dont worry somebody else may come up with a similar idea, but unless they can get inside your mind you have nothing to worry about. You would put your unique interpretation on it and so would the other person. Just try to look for an unique slant on your subject and research all other articles already published on it.
    Good Luck you will rock
    Andy:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't know what you mean?

What's wrong with my post why isn't it available to others?

Down the bottom left of this page is an option for users to choose 'style' - in some styles, your post will not be visible.
    Did you change the default font?

Advertisement