Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Groundhog Day on Connolly/Rosslare Line

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

KC61 wrote: »
    I don't recall them ever saying they were perfectly suited to the line.

The fact is they are having serious problems coping with the speed restrictions and also with the Rathdrum and Arklow banks (not of the financial variety!). Why I don't know, but they just do not seem to have the same perfomance characteristics as the 2800 fleet, which whatever anyone says about them, were and are the most reliable class of train in the entire fleet.

I would imagine it is something that the engineers will be investigating.

I definitely remember it. If i could get the time frame for the trials I could possibly dig it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

KC61 wrote: »
    they just do not seem to have the same perfomance characteristics as the 2800 fleet, which whatever anyone says about them, were and are the most reliable class of train in the entire fleet.
    KC61 - wasn't it the 2800s that had a pretty serious safety issue a little while back - the couplers maybe? Also, there doesn't seem to be much hue and cry to bring them back even though you could get six of them into Rathdrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Hungerford

dowlingm wrote: »
    KC61 - wasn't it the 2800s that had a pretty serious safety issue a little while back - the couplers maybe?

That was the 2700s - the problem was decoupling in motion. :eek: That was sorted years ago though, wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

dowlingm wrote: »
    KC61 - wasn't it the 2800s that had a pretty serious safety issue a little while back - the couplers maybe? Also, there doesn't seem to be much hue and cry to bring them back even though you could get six of them into Rathdrum?

It most definitely was not the 2800 Class.

They have consistently been the most reliable fleet in the country, with all 20 being in service for most of 2008 and 2009.

It was the 2700s that had the decoupling problem.

Advertisement