Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx

Options
  • 01-08-2009 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hey
    Just wondering when exactly is Tk Maxx opening in galway? All I can find is sometime in Autumn!! Anybody have any clue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

It's opening in October at the CityPoint, Prospect Hill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

thanks for asking, and answering!! i cannot wait
    going to be handy for christmas as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Oh god, :mad:I looooove TK Maxx
    First saw one 2 years ago in Elgin which is about one hour from Aberdeen.

I thought I was in Aladdin's cave........
    So much beautiful things at great prices.

The only problem was that I was travelling with Ryanair and had to be very careful about what I could buy 'cos of the baggage allowance restrictions.

I picked up the most fantastic bubble dress for only £22.90 and a Kathy Van Zeeland bag for £25

I love the range of dresses they have for going out and occassions
    Brilliant.
    Can't wait:):):):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You can get discontinued K-Swiss and reboks in there for DIRT cheap sometimes, got a pair of discontinued limited edition red patent leather K-Swiss flats in the shop in limerick for like €11 one, nearly messed myself, they were sick.
    besides that I think I've only ever bought a shirt there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I absolutely love their homewares section. Such deals! Fantastic for Christmas.

Oooh and the handbags!!!

I have to admit I don't often have the patience to go through the clothes, but they are great if I've got a while. Got some very nice workout gear in the one in Sligo last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

And the white tracksuit bottoms there are to die for.
    Swoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

Anyone know what day its opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

thurs 8th far as i know but i dont get the excitment !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

thurs 8th far as i know but i dont get the excitment !!!!

Its very easy its cheap and there is a large selection of things you might just like!

To give you an example of being cheap I got a Tshirt in the Limerick one for about €10 a couple of years back, about a year later while in Dublin in BT2 the same tshirt was there for €60... So not only was it cheaper in TK's it was in there before it hit BT's.

Only problem is you could be looking for hours and come out empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Great, another UK high street shops comes to chip away at Galways' uniqueness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

If by galway's uniqueness you mean galway business' propensity to rip people off... woohoo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

As of this morning there is already stock on the shop floor

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

snubbleste wrote: »
    As of this morning there is already stock on the shop floor

That was there yetserday...I walk by it every morning...cannot wait for them to open!!!it's like a treasure chest!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

treasure chest of last seasons cast offs and i agree yet another uk store really is what galway needs not !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭pepsi1234

Now all Galway needs is a Starbucks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

As for calling it a UK store I think you will find its American except over there they trade as TJ Maxx or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

bought a black Yves saint Laurent in the tkmaxx in sligo a while back for 30 euro. wore it out one night, must have gotten some drink spilt on it (but wasnt that much that i'd notice) and the next morning i noticed the color had faded in it...wasnt wearable ever again! im dubious about the quality of their stuff

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

pepsi1234 wrote: »

We don't have enough coffee shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Been a bit recluse lately, barely managed to venture out much at all and am reknowned for avoiding TV so not seen any ads or anything, but where exactly is this thing opening? City Center?

Pretty close: number 2 on the map here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

Please tell me this place has a men's section, no doubt i'll be dragged there in the next couple of weeks and i'd like to have something to do there other than standing around trying hard not to look like i'm looking at the wimmin' salivating over the new d&g rip-off boob tube or whatever else takes their seasonal fancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Nathan251 wrote: »
    Please tell me this place has a men's section, no doubt i'll be dragged there in the next couple of weeks and i'd like to have something to do there other than standing around trying hard not to look like i'm looking at the wimmin' salivating over the new d&g rip-off boob tube or whatever else takes their seasonal fancy

mmmmmmmmmmm d&g rip-off boob tube

mmmmmmmmmmm seasonal fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

treasure chest of last seasons cast offs and i agree yet another uk store really is what galway needs not !!!!

Last seasons clothes?? In Galway??

Oh my sweet divine will someone think of the children...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

pepsi1234 wrote: »

No it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Sea Devils wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

Oh Yes it does !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mallett

it looks all set to go so id say this week even tomorrow

pseudonym1 wrote: »
    Oh Yes it does !! :D

Really?. What makes Starbucks a better option then the likes of Java's or Cafe Direct?

I agree with "Mactard". We already have enough Coffee Shops as it is. Besides not everyone likes their Coffee burnt;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarsarsar

Planned for opening on 18th October

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I reckon it will be sooner. Drooled over some Luella handbags today. Looks finished and almost stocked apart from some rubbish and boxes lying around. Anyone ever hear of those jobs for it being advertised? I'm confident they are all filled but it must have been thru agencies..

sarsarsar wrote: »

Thought it was the 8th of October?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

sarsarsar wrote: »

Signs on the door during the week say Thursday October 8th @ 9am...

And the store is mostly kitted out with a lot of stock of the shelves already.

Advertisement