Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK Maxx

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

must be a woman thing i guess to care about a shop !:confused: and yes i prob am a crump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Is there much in the way of sports clothing/gear in it?

Yup; I saw a lot of Ski wear and outdoor gear and general sports wear in the womens section.

Didn't venture into the mens section, but it's enormous, so I assume they have similar provisions in that line for men too:)

must be a woman thing i guess to care about a shop

Men probably do better in TK Maxx than women a lot of the time as women are more fashion orientated, whereas fashion trends for men tend not to differ very much season to season, not in this country anyway. I would think a lot of men are quite pleased at TK Maxx' arrival tbh. I know guys who love it for sportswear, work clothes and cheap Calvin Kleins:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

must be a woman thing i guess to care about a shop !:confused: and yes i prob am a crump

Ah now, I'm effin gagging for a decent mens clothing store to open in Galway... TK Maxx is not it btw :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well I have to say I am HUGELY disappointed. I do love TK Maxx and have often found nice bits in there, but felt the Galway store was just a dump for the other stores..
    Can't speak for the household section as I don't have a house yet so didn't bother and it would prob only depress looking at things I don't need but here:

Kids section: one small rack for girls clothes aged 5-12. Crap. Kids ski gear took up half of that racj.

Mens section: Went in with the brother who was looking for a few bits but wasn't keen on the fact a lot of the clothes had big brands plastered over them but there was a decent amount of jumpers and tshirts and check shirts. Shoes pretty okay too.

Ladies: So in the young fashions there was nothing (maybe that is only like for 15year olds but anyways the selection wasn't great). Ladies wear seemed to have lots of knitwear, plus size wear and those shiny tacky dresses. The shoe/boot section was disappointing too. I don't mean offence to anyone but I don't know if their range of shiny clothes will sell to the irish so well.

Ladies accessories: Couldn't look at the lingerie as it was packed and full if buggies blocking the aisles but the bags were nice. Sadly the one bag I had my eye on happened to be reduced to 335euro from 6OO...think I better start saving.

Not a grump but am disappointed with the selection. Any on else any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Their stock changes constantly, if you know somebody who works there ask them to find out from a buyer when new stock will be in, that way you're ahead of the game.

Also, it's always rammed full of ski gear this time of year as people will be planning their ski-holidays for january/febuary around now and looking out for new gear and good ski gear is usually quite expensive (€110 for a half decent pair of ski pants, €300 of a decent Jacket, €30+ for good gloves, €30+ for a hat, etc) and TKMaxx do have really good ski gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

What time do they close week nights?

Well I haven't gotten a good look at the stock yet; I literally only spent 15mins in there checking out the scale of the shop on Thursday.

Disappointing if the galway shop is a 'dumping ground' tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I never had much luck with their clothes anyway so I won't be disappointed if I can't find anything from that section.

I find their homewares and workout gear top notch and well priced, love the handbags, love the fancy soaps and things (perfect gifts) etc. They have good enough deals on cashmere (I'm allergic to lanolin so I can't wear wool).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

My Luella handbag which I can;t find online but was something like this: http://www.luella.com/sites/www_luella_com/dbimages/SS09/PL05/HBNB1005/SS09PL05HBNB1005_Plaque_Gisele_Nubuck_Navy_1_804x1004.jpg was there but couldn't afford it. I couldn't really justify it. I'm sure it won't be a dumping ground as such. There are lots of little gifts that could be used as xmas pressies too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I could not make my way around at all, had buggies pushed at me everywhere I went. Just does not seem to be enough room for them. Seemed ok for homeware, was not impressed with the clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

My Luella handbag which I can;t find online but was something like this: http://www.luella.com/sites/www_luella_com/dbimages/SS09/PL05/HBNB1005/SS09PL05HBNB1005_Plaque_Gisele_Nubuck_Navy_1_804x1004.jpg was there but couldn't afford it. I couldn't really justify it. I'm sure it won't be a dumping ground as such. There are lots of little gifts that could be used as xmas pressies too

oooooOoOoO pretty! me likey..

yea went in today for the look, was so wedged! so going to go back in a few weeks when hopefully it has died down!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭JJRocket

Slightly dissapointed in the section of my size shoes but bought a t shirt and a nice hilfiger scarf. I reckon that the stock will improve later on after the rush dies down. i expected it to be busy for opening week, but i did not expect people to be filling their trolleys to bust , you would swear it was a one day special price!! oooh no recession round ere!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭alexiadexia

Is there much in the way of sports clothing/gear in it?

Yup, about half the population of Galway at the moment blocking the way! He he sorry I couldn't resist...

Had a look around yesterday but it's waaaay too packed at the moment.
    Will wait a few weeks and check it out again..

Advertisement