Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for PC Racing Game Recommendations

Options
  • 01-08-2009 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good racing games on the PC? Preferably games that are compatible with the Logitech G25 racing wheel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

burnout paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Racing driver GRID

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

indough wrote: »
    burnout paradise

+1

Its an awesome game for those wanting an arcade racing experience. Don't expect much in the way of realism, but you can expect a lot in the way of fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GTR2/Race 07/rFactor

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I hear the GTR series is good but fairly hardcore.

Last decent Need for Speed was probably Most Wanted.

I can personally recommend Colin Macrae Dirt, Grid and Burnout Paradise.

I think older hardcore sims ike Geoff Commrads Grand Prix series and Grand Prix legend still have small but active communities online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The pc isn't really known for its good racing games, consoles get these mostly.
    Burnout Paradise is ok, but a bit arcadey. Grid is probably the best one both control wise and graphically, I've it installed here with the enhanced graphics mod and it really is stunning. Its the best You're gonna get on pc I'm afraid. Here's some screenies:

GRID2009-02-2211-53-39-87.jpg
    GRID2009-02-2211-53-19-88.jpg
    GRID2009-02-2113-20-34-48.jpg
    GRID2009-02-2217-15-16-31.jpg
    GRID2009-02-2211-32-54-26.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

Looks awesome. I think Grid would make a good first choice on the list by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Trackmania Nations on steam. The free one

it's good craic if you're into racing games but get a bit bored of Grid or Burnout :)

Cool. I'm downloading it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 boonen

GTR2/Race 07/rFactor

plus burnout and you are ready to go ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The pc isn't really known for its good racing games, consoles get these mostly

Not exactly true,true for arcade racers but certainly not for racing sims.

www.iracing.com

Nothing else comes close on any format.

If you want a PC racing sim id go with iracing first,if your dont go with it then theres GT Legends,rFactor,GTR 1&2,GTR Evolution/Race 07,Grand Prix Legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dcully wrote: »
    Not exactly true,true for arcade racers but certainly not for racing sims.

www.iracing.com

Nothing else comes close on any format.

If you want a PC racing sim id go with iracing first,if your dont go with it then theres GT Legends,rFactor,GTR 1&2,GTR Evolution/Race 07,Grand Prix Legends.

Eh this. Loads of stuff on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

When is the sequel to grid coming?
    I liked race driver 3 better than grid ffs.

Can't get burnout to run at a proper rate, the lowest widescreen option requires too much power :(

Great stuff guys. I've been playing GTR Evolution and Burnout for the last two days. Great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

is grid worth 19 euro ? is it some super annoying have to redo each corner 100 times to get just the right raceing line or you will fly off type of game or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

bizmark wrote: »
    is grid worth 19 euro ? is it some super annoying have to redo each corner 100 times to get just the right raceing line or you will fly off type of game or what?

Grid is pretty arcade-y, you don't have to worry too much about getting racing lines just right, as long as you're in the right general area and the right general speed, you'll be fine. Hardcore sim it ain't :)

Advertisement