Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato stalks turning yellow / black

Options
  • 01-08-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have very little gardening experience and I planted a stone of British Queens last April. They seemed to be doing well until recently. Some of the stalks are now turning yellow. The first ones that turned yellow are now dying and turning black.
    Should i dig them up now, and store them? Will they rot in the ground if I wait until I need them? At the moment, I only dig them as and when i need them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

By a strange coincidence i have had a similar experience and again little experience. as my plot is very small we will have them all dug up in 2/3 weeks for the evening dinner. they seem and taste grand. sorry i cannot advise whether to dig them all now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

johnbaz72 wrote: »
    I have very little gardening experience and I planted a stone of British Queens last April. They seemed to be doing well until recently. Some of the stalks are now turning yellow. The first ones that turned yellow are now dying and turning black.
    Should i dig them up now, and store them? Will they rot in the ground if I wait until I need them? At the moment, I only dig them as and when i need them.

dig them up now, and store, next season rotate your spuds elsewhere

Advertisement