Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a UK network while living in the republic

• 01-08-2009 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at some of the UK phone deals and I was thinking that for the price of an expensive phone here you could almost sign up for a UK year contract to get the same phone free - working out at almost the same without the up-front payout. As I regularly travel through NI the free minutes would also be a bonus. I wonder if anyone has managed to do this with only an ROI address?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

I was looking at some of the UK phone deals and I was thinking that for the price of an expensive phone here you could almost sign up for a UK year contract to get the same phone free - working out at almost the same without the up-front payout. As I regularly travel through NI the free minutes would also be a bonus. I wonder if anyone has managed to do this with only an ROI address?

On the N97 forums some people bought a phone from the Newery phones4u.co.uk. with a Republic address. Hopefully this helps. If in doubt, drop them a bell.

Advertisement