Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tel Aviv gay center Slaughter!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

procure11 wrote: »
    Still,it would be no justification for such an atrousious act.

No ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

JW91 wrote: »
    Good enough for the them
    Good enough for them

Yes, you posted it twice.

Do not post in this thread again.

If you do I will ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

There's a spontaneous march going on there now, very touching that people are brave enough to do it when the gunman's still on the loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Good enough for the them
    Good enough for them

I have reviewed the thread in full, and as a result you are banned for trolling.

/Yes I can see you are still online waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Israel Channel 10 TV described the scene as a "bloodbath".

Wonder how they reported on the mass killing of +1200 Palestinians and terrorisation of infinitely more last December/January.

Probably "an operation of necessity".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

kraggy wrote: »
    Israel Channel 10 TV described the scene as a "bloodbath".

Wonder how they reported on the mass killing of +1200 Palestinians and terrorisation of infinitely more last December/January.

Probably "an operation of necessity".

Didn't they call it a war against Hamas? Wars are supposed to be boodbaths, calling them one is a bit redundant.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fred_1985 wrote: »
    Male + Female = Baby => core reason for we are alive today. Natural

Male + Male = abundance of erect penis => mess without product. Not Natural

Female + Female = butch ugly cnuts. Not Natural.

Transgender = So not natural => Not Natural.

who are you.........Pope Benedict ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's obviously pretty horrible, but at the end of the day it's just 1 psychopath. There'll always be individual nutjobs who do crazy sh*t. As long as it's condemned by the rest of us, you've got a rather healthy society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dave147 wrote: »
    What he said was a troll post, don't bother responding to that.

However I would disagree with you on one point, and I am not a homophobe whatsoever, and while I fully agree it's not a choice but something you either are or are not, I don't agree that it's 'natural'. If it was natural, life would cease to exist. Men being with women IS natural. However, if you prefer guys over girls I have absolutely no problem with that, I would never discriminate against a gay or lesbian person (I do have a problem with absolute flaming homosexuals because they always seem to be too loud and in your face). Finally, I'm not trolling but I just wanted to pick up on the 'natural' thing, please don't argue that it's natural because they're born that way, it's not.

Unfortunately I differ in opinion here, but I need to chose the words carefully, so just in case I get it wrong, I have absolutely no problem with folks who are either homosexuals or bisexuals and mean no offence to either group.

I believe it is natural, if it wasn't why are there so many of them in abundance in society,not to mention other animals? They are there for some reason. If you believe in evolution,(I certainly do), then the argument could be made that in order to decide what's was the best course of survival nature experimented with all possible ways : hence gays are and always have been a natural process of life.Yes I agree with you, that life as it exists today would not be possible if everyone were gay, but it could still exist who knows? Remember, it is possible, that it could have so easily gone the other way and gay's, single parents, became the abundant type in nature. Nobody, in this world is born the same, nobody's perfect, the idea of perfection really is in my opinion utter farce. Evolution decides what's best, and in the case of our reality that was heterosexuality, however nobody can guarantee that things will always remain the same.

As a side note, women were deemed unnatural too; up until about the nineteenth century (not that long ago is it?) men were seen as the sole prime creators of human life.
    Gays, like women,I believe are natural in our society we just haven't realised it fully yet.

As for this shooting, shocking and sad as it may have been I hope that something good comes from it. Now, I know hoping that the pontiff accepts homosexuality would be probably be pushing it, but who knows maybe world leaders acknowledging that gays, are like us : equals.
    Still awful on the families, especially if the parent's weren't fully supportive of their child being gay, or worse still never knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

"We have joined the roster of 'civilised' countries where hatred is the standard."

Coming from an Israeli that's pretty frickin' ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Very sad and RIP to all those involved. One poster commented about BRUNO, I saw the movie and it really mocked Islam and Islamofacism seriosuly. I would not be surprised if this is some sort of revenge attack on the Gays out there because of that Movie. "Bruno" Cohen is actually a Jew hence the connection. Jeez they are only kids regardless of their sexuality, disgraceful stuff.

Actually Bruno did no such thing, the "Terrorist leader" he "interviewed", was some random Palestinian dude, who wasn't even Muslim btw, so kinda hard to be a Christian and leading a Muslim terrorist group (whom disbanded as well). Anyway you can read it here:

The non-profit worker from Bethlehem who was branded a terrorist by Bruno

The film Bruno is a fantastic example of unethical film making imho, and the above is probably not the only thing that was faked.

As for the main topic of the thread, it is a horrific crime and hopefully those who did it will be caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

procure11 wrote: »
    Errm...I dont understand your post....because if we look at it contextually...Homosexuals can get married in Israel and abortion is very legal...as opposed to Ireland.

Homosexual's can't get married in Israel. In fact Israel doesn't even have civil marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Wow the news that people were shot because they were gay is pretty depressing but the only thing that has made it worse has been reading what some people have posted in this thread.

Boggles the mind how people in "modern" (and I use the word modern quiet wrongly) Ireland can be sooo clueless. Oh well it'll confirm that some people shouldn't be allowed talk never mind think!

3 people dead - even if you think that because they were gay is wrong, at least feel bad that they were killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

How come people got banned for saying they think being gay wasn't natural? It's their opinion, whether you agree with it or not, does it actually warrent a banning?

Crap thing to happen over there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wagon wrote: »
    How come people got banned for saying they think being gay wasn't natural? It's their opinion, whether you agree with it or not, does it actually warrent a banning?

Crap thing to happen over there though.

I'm guessing because homophobia is arguably right up there with racism.

Wagon wrote: »

They were banned for being awkward trolls implying that the deceased deserved what they got, imo that warrants a banning.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm guessing because homophobia is arguably right up there with racism.

Defining naturalism should not be.

People are scientifically, though not linguistically, correct in making that statement. Homosexuality does not lead to reproduction which means it cannot continue of itself, so cannot be considered natural. In the English language, however, the word natural has a lot of meanings, one of which includes anything that occours naturally. Homosexuality occours amongst a whole series of mammals, and some fish too that I'm aware of, so using that definition Homosexuality is indeed natural.

Belief, gernerally religious, that Life is for a reason or purpose, procreation, and that ignoring that purpose or reason s a massive insult to the creator/Originator/Al Kaliq/Yahweh/Brahma/Unkulunkulu/Jesus is a legitimate belief that is simply not akin to racism. Homosexual sex is an act, being black is not. However, that belief should not ever be more that a stated belief. Trying to justify attacks and murder by way of belief is grotesque and evil and wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Appalling. Nobody should die as a result of a disagreement like this. So yes OP, it does nerve me.

Edit: Even if you do not consider homosexuality to be acceptable, or if you disagree to the gay lifestyle, there is no valid excuse for the taking of life.

Trying to justify attacks and murder by way of belief is grotesque and evil and wrong.

Sadly, this has been going on since the dawn of humankind:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Malty_T wrote: »
    Homosexuality is Natural

No, it's not.
    Just 'cos you put it in large font, doesn't make it fact!!
    You're entitled to your opinion, others are entitled to theirs.

Back on topic, the shooter is scum!! Live and let live!!

• Advertisement

No, it's not.
    Just 'cos you put it in large font, doesn't make it fact!!

Ditto;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jakkass wrote: »
    Appalling. Nobody should die as a result of a disagreement like this. So yes OP, it does nerve me.

Edit: Even if you do not consider homosexuality to be acceptable, or if you disagree to the gay lifestyle, there is no valid excuse for the taking of life.

Self-defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Dave! wrote: »
    Self-defence?

He opened fire randomly firing.. he was not in any form of danger, he just started shooting

Dave! wrote: »
    Self-defence?

I'm not sure I agree. There are ways one can defend themselves without killing.

He opened fire randomly firing.. he was not in any form of danger, he just started shooting

Eh? I think he (assumed by username) was refering to the quote by Jakkass stating that all forms of life-taking is unacceptable, but then again I could be wayyyyyy off.:rolleyes:
    I'm not sure I agree. There are ways one can defend themselves without killing
    @Jakkass : Care to try an experiment?;)

Dave! never said that the gunman was acting in self defence. just that self defence can be a reason to kill.

Malty_T wrote: »
    @Jakkass : Care to try an experiment?;)

Not particularly, but I do hold pacifist views :pac:

I honestly don't know how I'd react in such a situation. I'm not a fighting person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

In other news, Palestinians rejoiced at a brief respite from targeting by Jewish extremists...

You Suck! wrote: »
    In other news, Palestinians rejoiced at a brief respite from targeting by Jewish extremists...

Ya no real need to make that point here - true or not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭I.J.

You Suck! wrote: »

I don't believe nationalism should be brought into this. The issue was that innocent homosexual men and women were attacked and some killed. I believe this was an attack on homosexuals, not Israel. Stop taking a serious issue and using it to let out whatever your political viewpoints are. This is an attack on sexuality, an attack supppoting bigotry.

Advertisement