Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Daysha wrote: »
    Lol, I see you're fitting into DCU well then :)

Me and the rest of the squash committee ordered pizzas for our EGM at the start of the year. We order enough for 30 people and around 15 people turned up. Bad for the club, but good for the stomachs :D

Do you do this regularly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Jako8 wrote: »
    Do you do this regularly?

Oh I dunno, maybe 3-4 times a week. We don't necessarily play squash at all to be honest, it's just one big cover-up for what is essentially a pizza eating society. Free pizza to gourge into every week, all paid for by the university. You should both come along!

may or may not be true.

Daysha wrote: »
    Oh I dunno, maybe 3-4 times a week. We don't necessarily play squash at all to be honest, it's just one big cover-up for what is essentially a pizza eating society. Free pizza to gourge into every week, all paid for by the university. You should both come along!

may or may not be true.

That's it I'm going to DCU...

oh wait a second, may or may not be true? :(

Watch Spirited Away earlier.

Absolutely fantastic movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is on RTE Two at 12.15 tonight! Everybody watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Absolutely love that film! Thanks, i didn't know it was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Watching The Watchmen...Rorschach is my new favourite character in a film ever

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

syncosised wrote: »
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off is on RTE Two at 12.15 tonight! Everybody watch it!

Great tip, I'll be watching :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Everyone watching? It's possibly one of the best pieces of cinema ever made?

That's not a question, it is! So many quotable lines ... and it's just so feel-good. RTE have been on a roll with their late-night films recently!

• Advertisement

I hope they can some how keep it up!

Bow bow, chika chi-ka! Ohhhhhhhh yeah! :D

Did we all enjoy that? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

over the last few days

The Quiet Man-Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne in a diddly irish love story.Loved it!Thought it was very funny especially the atitudes to women
    "here sir,a stick to beat the lady"
    also John Wayne....SWOON

Joyeux Noel
    -French film about the ceasefire on certain parts of the front lines in 1914.I liked this film which i wasnt sure about,hated one of the characters a young scottish soldier and anytime i saw him he just wound me up.On a plus side it does have a ginger cat in it:)

Nine-New musical out in the cinema,Its about a film directors attempts to come up with a script for him film while trying to balance his mistress and his wife.Not a very strong storyline but its a musical so i wasnt expecting shakespere and very random appearence from fergie.Id watch it again but unless you like musicals i wouldnt recomend going to the pictures for it.

Avatar in 3d-This film is SAVAGE!!!i loved it.the story is about a wheelchair bound man going to a planet called pandora where he will attempt to infeltrate the native population by using an avatar body.The effects were really good in this and i loved the story,the female lead character isnt your usual simpering girl aswell so she kicked ass.I now want a tail...

Happy Feet-Animated film about a panguin who cant sing but can dance.This is a good animated film especially liking the bits where they sing.Some bits are quiet sad because you feel bad for Mumble (penguins can be so mean) but overall its not too dark and depressing.Worth a watch but it aint no shrek

The Corpse Bride-The usual to be expected from Tim Burton but enjoyable none the less.While practising his vows Victor accidentally marries the corpse bride and gets taken to the underworld.I liked this film but i kinda felt bad for the corpse bride character in the end but i couldnt change the finish.

Love Acctually-I love,love,love,love,love,love this film!its compleate and utter romantic soppy tripe but its fricking fabulous.shows how loads of love storys end up all intertwined around christmas.My favourite was definietly the Hugh Grant Martine McCutcheon relationship.

The Holiday-Along the same lines of love acctually.Rom com that you know the ending of from half way through but i still loved it.Lots of screen time for Jude Law so i was a happy bunny.

also watched all the harry potter films but i can leave it saying their brilliant but everyones probably already seen em before.

syncosised wrote: »
    Bow bow, chika chi-ka! Ohhhhhhhh yeah! :D

Did we all enjoy that? :)
    It was fantastic, thanks for the heads up!

"Iiiiiiin what... way..." :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

i watched ferris bueller's day off last night as well and it was great!
    best teenage film ever, in my opinion

Ferris Bueller can do everything!

I love how everyone in the film knows who he is!
    Avatar in 3d-This film is SAVAGE!!!i loved it.the story is about a wheelchair bound man going to a planet called pandora where he will attempt to infeltrate the native population by using an avatar body.The effects were really good in this and i loved the story,the female lead character isnt your usual simpering girl aswell so she kicked ass.I now want a tail...

Love Acctually-I love,love,love,love,love,love this film!its compleate and utter romantic soppy tripe but its fricking fabulous.shows how loads of love storys end up all intertwined around christmas.My favourite was definietly the Hugh Grant Martine McCutcheon relationship.

I thought Avatar was terrible, all that hype for nothing! I think I already complained about it in this topic though, so I won't keep repeating myself! :)

Love Actually on the other hand, now that's a good film! Hugh Grant is great as the PM! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Im gonna schtick on "Science of Sleep" in a bit, then watch "Goodnight and Good Luck". In fact, I might just watch films for the rest of the day cos' I'm a pathetic piece of filth (lulz)..

We watched Goodnight and Good Luck in school before. I remember enjoying it, though that may only have been because it was a nice change from regular history classes!

Science of Sleep was utterly amazing. Its definitely amongst my top mostest favouritest films of all time now. Michel Gondry is such a good director, his films are always so wonderfully hand-crafted looking, kind of like Wes Anderson. Gondry also happened to direct one my favourite music videos, shown below for your ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Watched March of the Penguins earlier. I wish Morgan Freeman narrated my life.
    Seriously fascinating documentary, and amazing photography.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I watched Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. They all look so young and cute, love Harry's chubby little cheeks!

I love all of the Harry Potters :D I just started watching Changeling (if that's how you spell it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Da Vinci Code on in 3 mins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

i haven't seen the da vinci code is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Niall09 wrote: »
    Da Vinci Code on in 3 mins :)

damn, you beat me to it. I've never actually seen it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Watched a few good movies in the past few days, ones that I have been told are must see.

They included, The Big Lebowski, Avatar 3D, Silence of the Lambs, 12 Angry Men.

All brilliant.

Watching "The last of the mohicans". I truly <3 history. *swoon*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I saw Avatar 3D today but I really dont know if I liked it or not. =/

Just found out 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' is on but it's over in siz minutes :( Annoying, i liked that film but Changeling was great(except for the ending imo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

Just finished watching Top Gun, trying to persuade myself to go to bed before Renegades starts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement