Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I'm off to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

With my Mom.

Found the DVD under my wardrobe recently, no idea how it got there or where it came from... but em, it's mine now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Pan's Labyrinth. Watching it now on megavideo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Forrest Gump! Didn't realise it started an hour ago. Think christ for +1 channels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

bythewoods wrote: »
    I'm off to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

With my Mom.

Found the DVD under my wardrobe recently, no idea how it got there or where it came from... but em, it's mine now.

This is a coincidence as I recently misplaced my copy of it, along with Sin City. Le sigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

This is a coincidence as I recently misplaced my copy of it, along with Sin City. Le sigh!

Quite obvious she stole it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

6sence was on tv3.the amount of ****ing ad breaks was pissing me off

PansLabyrinth2.jpg

Just finished Pan's Labyrinth.....the child eater is scary, still...he has nothing on this guy

img.cgi?i=51775

:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pan's Labyrinth is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Just finished watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind there for the billionth time. Serious props to Jim Carrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Pan's Labyrinth is one of my favourite films of all time. I got it for €5 just after Christmas in HMV :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

This reminds me, I have Pans Labyrinth sitting on my dvd shelf for about 5 months now. I really must get round to watching it, along with the Orphanage.

phlegms wrote: »
    This reminds me, I have Pans Labyrinth sitting on my dvd shelf for about 5 months now. I really must get round to watching it, along with the Orphanage.

Watch it! It's brilliant...the art alone is wonderful! I literally had goosebumps the whole way through it:)

Watch it! It's brilliant...the art alone is wonderful! I literally had goosebumps the whole way through it:)

I will do tonight for sure, I still have "Frost/Nixon" and "La Vie en Rose" to watch first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ah La Vie En Rose....now theres a great film!

having a massive DVD day on wednesday...looking for some good comedies or RomComs...c'mon guys get your thinking caps on and gimme a hand here cause im really struggling...only one i demanded was 10 Things I Hate About You so i need loads more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

phlegms wrote: »

The Orphanage is ok, nothing amazing tbh.

Decided to further delay study by watching Oldboy followed by Battle Royale. Both great movies.

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire again....it's definitely one of my favourite movies.

I love how everytime Jamal looks or even thinks about Latika this is playing in the background

<3

Just came home from Avatar(I had to watch it in 2D because the local cinema hasn't embraced modern technology yet).....I thought it was amazing.

Yup it's like Pocahontas and all that jazz but it's frickin' epic....wow... I just loved every minute of it!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

Teen Wolf on comedy central.......desperate times call for desperate measures!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just came home from Avatar(I had to watch it in 2D because the local cinema hasn't embraced modern technology yet).....I thought it was amazing.

Yup it's like Pocahontas and all that jazz but it's frickin' epic....wow... I just loved every minute of it!:)

Still have to go see this and form an opinion for myself. It's annoying me at this stage!

I did however get to see Sherlock Holmes, and wow, just wow. I'm difficult to please when it comes to films, but this was just a masterclass in immersion. I didn't check my watch once. Not once! Miss it at your own loss people! Onion's seal of approval here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I did however get to see Sherlock Holmes, and wow, just wow. I'm difficult to please when it comes to films, but this was just a masterclass in immersion. I didn't check my watch once. Not once! Miss it at your own loss people! Onion's seal of approval here :D

I heard it was absolutely woeful :confused:

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I heard it was absolutely woeful :confused:

Its alright tbh. The chemistry and dialog between Robert Downey Jr/Jude Law is genuinely good and generally it's very well directed. Has a lovely style to it. But the minor characters aren't exactly engaging and the plot didn't really grip me. Definitely worth seeing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I watched Scarface for the fourth time last night. I'm going to try and avoid it for at least ten years now so it can produce the required impact it deserves.

Just watched trainspotting...I've seen it like three times at this stage but the baby on the roof still gives me the chills, the baby in general gives me the creeps full stop. Class film!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire again....it's definitely one of my favourite movies.

I love how everytime Jamal looks or even thinks about Latika this is playing in the background

<3
    Seconded. Latika is other-worldly pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Just finished watching Bloody Sunday and it was extremely tough to watch at times. Excellently well done and really very moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Last movies I've watched were The Uninvited, London To Brighton and Shuttle
    All kind of freaky films. Had nightmares after The Uninvited. Were all fairly rubbish movies tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I watched Orphan last night. Not at all scary, but overall quite entertaining. There were even some "laugh out loud" moments in it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Jeux d'enfants!! watched it again yesterday and it is amazing... :)
    I know only one person who has heard of it... prove me wrong??

• Advertisement

Just watched 'die welle'. Really enjoyed it. Definitely one to rewatch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement