Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Just watched 'die welle'. Really enjoyed it. Definitely one to rewatch.

Just watched it freisin, it's great, although I was halfway through it before I realised I could fix the delay in the subtitles :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Adverts.ie \o/ Bought and collected the following for €15 earlier on: A Clockwork Orange, Sideways, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Traffic, A Beautiful Mind, and then I bought Carlito's Way in HMV for three or four euro. Combined with two seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm I've nailed some bargains. (Y). City of God is on tonight (in college) also \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Monzo wrote: »
    Adverts.ie \o/ Bought and collected the following for €15 earlier on: A Clockwork Orange, Sideways, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Traffic, A Beautiful Mind, and then I bought Carlito's Way in HMV for three or four euro. Combined with two seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm I've nailed some bargains. (Y). City of God is on tonight (in college) also \o/

Seen all of them except sideways, I'm putting off watching it. Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Watched Forest Gump.

It really is a classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

van wilder was decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Was sick in bed all day yesterday, so I watched the newest Harry Potter, The Wrestler and Vantage Point.

I'd seen them all before, and I still love them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Watched In Bruges the other night when my internet failed. Quality movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Seen all of them except sideways, I'm putting off watching it. Is it any good?

Haven't watched it yet. I just searched for it on Rotten Tomatoes though which scores it 97% on its Tomatometer. 'Consensus: An emotional and heartfelt comedy.'

Witnessed the glory of Once Upon A Time In The West for the second time tonight. A lot of the glory belongs to Claudia Cardinale and the utterly amazing score by Ennio Morricone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Watched Mermaids the other night with my friends...brilliant movie! I love the ending:)

Alice-In-Wonderland-Theatrical-Poster.jpg

I saw the trailer for this in 3D, in a word, class!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Stranger Than Fiction = MINDFUCK.

Very good though.

Also caught up with the rest of humanity and saw The Hangover last night. Big fat meh. It was good but nothing near what I was expecting from all the reviews...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Alice-In-Wonderland-Theatrical-Poster.jpg

I saw the trailer for this in 3D, in a word, class!:D

Cannot wait for that movie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Stranger Than Fiction = MINDFUCK.

Very good though.

Also caught up with the rest of humanity and saw The Hangover last night. Big fat meh. It was good but nothing near what I was expecting from all the reviews...

What he said. Total mind****. Pretty epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Had an awesome vietnam war film day today.
    Watched all the big ones: Platoon, Hamburger Hill, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket.

BEST.DAY.EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

The Usual Suspects is on tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Watched Control last night. Great film. Really impressed that not only do the actors playing Joy Division look like the actual members but all the live performances in the film were played by the actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Cannot wait to see the new Alice in Wonderland...

Watched The Usual Suspects, I hadn't seen it before so the twist was epic! Such a good movie.

Just watched Fellowship of the Ring extended edition, and am now just after starting the Two Towers (also extended edition), which I probably should have left until tomorrow

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Just watched Fellowship of the Ring extended edition, and am now just after starting the Two Towers (also extended edition), which I probably should have left until tomorrow

Watch the third one tonight as well. Epic times to be had. DO ITTT!

phlegms wrote: »
    Watch the third one tonight as well. Epic times to be had. DO ITTT!

I can't, It'd be morning by the time this one finishes, and the occassional pausing it to check on C&H isn't going to help that.

• Advertisement

I can't, It'd be morning by the time this one finishes, and the occassional pausing it to check on C&H isn't going to help that.

DOOOO ITTTTT!

DOOOO ITTTTT!

*sigh*

I'll leave that decision until after the Two Towers is over.

*sigh*

I'll leave that decision until after the Two Towers is over.

You are definitely going to watch it then. Once you finish Two Towers you wont be able to help yourself..

You are definitely going to watch it then. Once you finish Two Towers you wont be able to help yourself..

You're probably right, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Watched Juno today, for an English report.

I didn't like it the first time I watched it, but it's grown on me. This time, I really did like it...and am now calling all the guys I know 'pork sword'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Watched the hangover for the first time tonight (yes, omg, i can't believe i never saw it before now either!)

saw its complicated in the cinema on friday night too. Packed with 40 year old women drooling over steve martin yet they didnt even wince when 'luke' came on screen. Wtf?!

Anyways... It was alright. F*ckin' Hilarious in parts though, i have to admit :P

I got three big laughs out of the hangover...the baby ****, alan's wolfpack speech and this song:

Well, unfortunately (for phlegms) I shan't be watching Return of the King tonight, tomorrow for sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I got three big laughs out of the hangover...the baby ****, alan's wolfpack speech and this song:

the chinese man jumping outta the boot of their car, i'm sorry but i nearly died from laughing :pac:

• Advertisement

Well, unfortunately (for phlegms) I shan't be watching Return of the King tonight, tomorrow for sure though.

You're such a mess. I hate you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement