Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Watched "Up in the Air", it definitely deserves every Oscar nod it gets. It's a genuinely heart warming and generally lovely film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I saw Brothers last night at the cinema. It was good, but I despise Toby Maguire's voice....and face, so I tend to hate every character he plays.

Very good story line, and some parts are very hard to watch, there's some heavy shít in there to be frank. It entertained me, but I wasn't hanging on every line of dialogue, it just got a bit boring in the middle. Crazy ending though.

Jay P wrote: »
    I saw Brothers last night at the cinema. It was good, but I despise Toby Maguire's voice....and face, so I tend to hate every character he plays.

Very good story line, and some parts are very hard to watch, there's some heavy shít in there to be frank. It entertained me, but I wasn't hanging on every line of dialogue, it just got a bit boring in the middle. Crazy ending though.

Don't see where the love for this film is coming from, didn't think it was anything of particular noteworthiness. "Up in the Air" on the other hand <3

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭matsy1

Watched 'Invictus'.. Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman... Very good film. Nelson Mandela is elected as President and uses Rugby to Unite the people of South Africa.

matsy1 wrote: »
    Watched 'Invictus'.. Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman... Very good film. Nelson Mandela is elected as President and uses Rugby to Unite the people of South Africa.

I thought it was a bit meh, District 9 was ultimately a better apartheid film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

phlegms wrote: »
    Don't see where the love for this film is coming from, didn't think it was anything of particular noteworthiness. "Up in the Air" on the other hand <3

We get it, you loved Up In The Air. I enjoyed it but, can't understand it being up for Oscars...strokes for folks!

phlegms wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit meh, District 9 was ultimately a better apartheid film.

I agree, District 9 was my fav of 2009 me thinks! A great apartheid film..
    'da fookin prawns'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Wish I had a TV and DVD player in my room. I've dozens of films I want to watch. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and LA Confidential in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Went to see Book of Eli on sunday night and im advising everyone to stay well clear. 2 hours of my life wasted :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I can't wait to see the road! I read the book between Sunday evening and Monday morning-it really seriously is one of those ones you can't put down. Curious to see how graphic they're going to be with the violence though, apparently it's very faithful to the book...

Most recent movie I've watched was Rosemary's Baby (slowly making my way through the canon of horror films), really good though the ending is a bit dated and ridiculous I think :(

• Advertisement

I can't wait to see the road! I read the book between Sunday evening and Monday morning-it really seriously is one of those ones you can't put down. Curious to see how graphic they're going to be with the violence though, apparently it's very faithful to the book...

Most recent movie I've watched was Rosemary's Baby (slowly making my way through the canon of horror films), really good though the ending is a bit dated and ridiculous I think :(

Not sure that's the best idea, I pretty much ruined Watchmen for myself doing that!

Hmm yeah I'm in a dilemma between either reading the book first or reading it after I see the film. Indecision time.

Monzo wrote: »
    Hmm yeah I'm in a dilemma between either reading the book first or reading it after I see the film. Indecision time.

Either way, I'd give yourself plenty of time in between.

jasonorr wrote: »
    Either way, I'd give yourself plenty of time in between.

I see it's actually in the cinema now. :(

**** it, might just watch it first (mainly because the brilliant Nick Cave and Warren Ellis created the score and I wanna hear it) and pick up the book during the summer. I've a severe backlog of books to get through anyway.

Might start actually going to the cinema on a semi-regular basis again with the likes of these soon to be released:

North Face
    A Prophet
    Shutter Island

And I've yet to see Avatar, The Road, Crazy Heart or Up In The Air.

Blown away by the 3D in Avator.. Even though the story is basically Pocahontas!

I watched One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest earlier. Great film, although I considered the ending a bit disturbing. Didn't realise Danny DeVito was in it until I saw him listed in the credits. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Monzo wrote: »
    I see it's actually in the cinema now. :(

**** it, might just watch it first (mainly because the brilliant Nick Cave and Warren Ellis created the score and I wanna hear it) and pick up the book during the summer. I've a severe backlog of books to get through anyway.

beware the book is different than the movie. i saw it today thought and was blown away by it defo 5* but they change it alot but they keep the general spirit of the book :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

matsy1 wrote: »

Since I watched Team America, I've become incapable of taking Matt Damon seriously..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Watching Escape From New York....what a film!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 don vhalt

I watched the end of Operaton Vaylkerie earlier tonight (yesterday actually), it's an alright movie.

And

Best Movie Series Ever: The Godfather 1&2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hello0909

watched old school

taught it was hilarious :P

Seen 'The Road', great cinematography, dont expect to be cheered up but I still liked it!!

Also seen 'Up in the air' a chick/bloke flick.. safe..

'Brothers' undecided, just seemed like a b movie drama type movie, watchable though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i thought the road was ****e story line lacked direction.

seen men who stare at goats one of the worst movies ive seen in awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Saw Starship Troopers on Thursday, EPIC film!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fad wrote: »
    Saw Starship Troopers on Thursday, EPIC film!
    It is a classic alright! It's been a while I should rent it or something.

Oh, I finally saw the hangover last night, and somehow all the HYPE surrounding it didn't manage to ruin it for me, I thoroughly enjoyed it, good film.

I give it

4 Webbys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

I wanted to watch The Shawshank Redemption over the weekend, but I couldn't find it anywhere:(

Watched Cop Land last night. Great cast (De Niro, Keitel, Liotta and Sylvester Stallone) and quite entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

11678-large.jpg

watched this the other night...Woody Allen normally wrecks my head but he's actually pretty funny in this and I <3 Diane Keaton:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I really want to see I'm Not There again. €8 is way too much though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement