Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Hotaru wrote: »
    I watched it on my own last year and was literally in a heap on my floor, balling my eyes out afterwards. It's so sad but beautiful.

what_has_been_seen_cannot_be_unseen_695.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭beng128

Just watched all 4 hours of Kill Bill last night.
    Some of the best cinematography around, and an excellent soundtrack to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I started watching Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and it sucked. So Now I'm watching Lost In Translation.

Scarlett Johansen is hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I went to see Valentine's day the other night (not on valentine's day, I'm not that bad). I really liked it, kind of like an American version of Love Actually, some bits were really sad, and others funny, but it had a good balance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

kateos2 wrote: »
    I went to see Valentine's day the other night (not on valentine's day, I'm not that bad). I really liked it, kind of like an American version of Love Actually, some bits were really sad, and others funny, but it had a good balance.

I really wanted to see it, but instead I was dragged to see Wolfman (?). I don't even know the name of it, that's how bored I was:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Went to see "Up in the air" (George Clooney) today, a good film....a bit different, for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

We stuck this on last night after Trinity rooms...

Cool Runnings+Pancakes=win

There are so many quotable quotes from this movie:)

"I'm feeling very Olympic today!"

"I see pride! I see power! I see a bad-ass mother****er who don't take no crap off of nobody!"

"Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Went to see "Up in the air" (George Clooney) today, a good film....a bit different, for a change.

I saw it on monday i really enjoyed it it a nice sweet movie that goes at its own pace :)

• Advertisement

I saw Valentine's Day last night. It was good - a sort of American Love Actually. I'm not complaining, I love my rom-coms:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Crossed a "to see" off the list last night, fantastic -

pan.jpg

Although this guy really horrified me...

pan-2.jpg

Watched this one over the weekend:
    inglourious-basterds.jpg

It was wunderbar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

i FINALLY saw the hangover.
    i now understand what my friends are talking about. (they like to quote this film a lot in their conversations).
    i thought it was good but not as good as i thought it would be.

i FINALLY saw the hangover.
    i now understand what my friends are talking about. (they like to quote this film a lot in their conversations).
    i thought it was good but not as good as i thought it would be.

Your language is offensive! Take that back:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time completed today. Really liked that one. Another wonderful ending that made me feel like crying when I realised real life is nothing like that *sigh*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time completed today. Really liked that one. Another wonderful ending that made me feel like crying when I realised real life is nothing like that *sigh*.

Have you considered watching 5cm per Second? Similar sappy stuff with awesome animation quality. Try from 3:20 onwords in this AMV

Craguls wrote: »
    Have you considered watching 5cm per Second? Similar sappy stuff with awesome animation quality. Try from 3:20 onwords in this AMV

Never heard of it before but it looks pretty good - definitely going to check it out.

Love that one! I thought the ending was a little sad though:(...check out Whisper of the Heart:)...the plot is unbelievably basic but it's Ghibli so they breath a lot of life into it, really sweet little film!

Watched Akira on the train today. The old lady diagonal to me was shocked, twas hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Im watching Nancy Drew. I like it!! :pac:

nausicaa.gif

I finished this last night! I've officially seen all his movies except Ponyo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Little Criminals -

One of the most powerful films I've come across in a very long time. Should be watched by all here. The whole film is on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Watching Michael Clayton at the moment. Still trying to decide if I like it or not..

Jet Boy - another Canadian film, this time about a young boy of 12 who turns to prostitution to make money and feed his mother's drug habit. Befriends a young man named Boon (Dylan Walsh aka Dr Sean McNamara from Nip/Tuck) and hitches a ride with him. Great film that doesn't shy away from the delicate subject matter. Dodgy hollywood style ending but definitely worth a watch.

phlegms wrote: »
    Watching Michael Clayton at the moment. Still trying to decide if I like it or not..
    Thanks for reminding me. I must watch that. Let us know what you think of it when you've finished!

My toncils are way too sore for me to sleep so I'm going to watch Doubt...see what all the fuss is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Better version of Doubt:

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

My toncils are way too sore for me to sleep so I'm going to watch Doubt...see what all the fuss is over!

I really enjoyed it when I saw it a few months ago. There are some incredible dialog scenes in it, great tangible sense of tension in them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Today;
    priceless_audrey_tautou.jpg
    Followed by;
    electroma.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement