Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Micheal, you must go to London, Micheal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I finally saw Up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Saw Alice in Wonderland, in the cinema recently, and In Her Shoes last night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

watched Superbad, Little Miss Sunshine and half of The Breakfast Club last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I finally watched Sweeny Todd the other day and while a little too much blood for my liking the music was great and i was pretty good. Watching From Paris With Love now and it's not that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Shutter Island. Intense and another fine addition to Scorsese's large collection of great films.

Gonna stick on The Good, The Bad & The Ugly later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I cannot wait to see this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Pleasant surprise when I saw this trailer in the cinema, had no idea there was a movie in the works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Pleasant surprise when I saw this trailer in the cinema, had no idea there was a movie in the works!

Class. I used to love Avatar:The Legend of Aang!

EDIT: Also, I watched Talladega Nights:The Ballad of Ricky Bobby tonight. I had seen it in the cinema but it was just as funny tonight as I had forgotten all the jokes. Classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I recall making fun of that for a good ten minutes.

• Advertisement

I recall making fun of that for a good ten minutes.

*snigger*.... bender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

*snigger*.... bender.
    That was it!

Ha

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If you go see it, do you get a free coupon for 1000 Gamerscore points? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    If you go see it, do you get a free coupon for 1000 Gamerscore points? :p

Nothing better than a bit of obscure nerd humour :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DitterbugLeen

I just watched J G Ballard's Crash... pretty intense! And weird... but good:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I just watched J G Ballard's Crash... pretty intense! And weird... but good:rolleyes:
    it's a top class movie,as long as you don't like storyline,or dialogue,or character development.But explosions,forget about it

I doubt they will do the anime/mange justice it's just one of those stories that really won't translate well to film.I'm a big fan so definitely going to see it when it comes out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Easy Rider. Quite good but the ending was quite sudden, shocking and drastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm watching The Day After Tomorrow atm and although i've seen it so many times before it never ceases to amaze me! The special effects are amazing :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

evangelion20.jpg
    Was everso epic.

Craguls wrote: »
    Was everso epic.

So, so, epic. I'm hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Just watched Harry Brown.

What a great film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Davidius wrote: »
    Just watched Harry Brown.

What a great film.

I think I downloaded that, never watched it and deleted it :p, the downside to not having the attention span to check whether you've actually copied over a film to external hard-drive.

May get it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I think I downloaded that, never watched it and deleted it :p, the downside to not having the attention span to check whether you've actually copied over a film to external hard-drive.

May get it again.
    You must watch it, the fact that it's a bit tasteless about the subject matter makes it better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Davidius wrote: »
    You must watch it, the fact that it's a bit tasteless about the subject matter makes it better.

All the good movies are completely tasteless about the subject matter

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Just watched The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy.

Quality movies!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Watched Pretty in Pink last night...T'was alright but why anyone would choose that rich dude over Duckie is beyond me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

At some point today:

51NC41D7Z4L._SS500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Hotaru wrote: »
    At some point today:

Can you or another esteemed member of the board recommend some anime for moi to watch? I briefly got into it a while back and watched death note and a few others but lost contact with the friend who would let me know what to watch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can you or another esteemed member of the board recommend some anime for moi to watch? I briefly got into it a while back and watched death note and a few others but lost contact with the friend who would let me know what to watch.

+1

I too would appreciate a short-list of essential films to watch as a new-comer to the genre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

+1

I too would appreciate a short-list of essential films to watch as a new-comer to the genre.

This and this thread have a few suggestions.

Any of the Studio Ghibli films are great, particularly Spirited Away. Bear in mind that they're all PG though so if you're looking for any serious violence or racy stuff you won't find it there :p
    Akira is another great film, lots more violence and gritty storylines.

As for a series, well it's gotta be Neon Genesis Evangelion. We harp on about it enough here on boards but it really is amazing - it's complicated though and has a lot of psychological aspects to it. When you 'get it' (Wikipedia is very useful for when you get a bit lost) though, you'll really appreciated the genius of the series.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement