Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

^ Amélie is epic :) Paris, Je T'aime is another brilliant French movie,incidentally. Oh, and De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrêté is amazing! Great soundtrack,too :)

I'm going to the cinema this weekend,anyone want to recommend a movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Bought Tsotsi today, hopefully I shall get to watch it later. I have heard good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Up is the greatest film of all time. I've seen in twice in the last 8 days.

I think I'm possibly the only person in the world not to have seen it. :( Will definitely make it happen this week....
    Watched Amélie last night, was fairly messed up but enjoyable. A bit French, like.
    ^ Amélie is epic :) Paris, Je T'aime is another brilliant French movie,incidentally. Oh, and De Battre Mon Coeur S'est Arrêté is amazing! Great soundtrack,too :)

Doing Amélie as my document for my French Oral has forever destroyed it for me. Though, I'm not sure I fully got it in the first place. I do love whatsherface though... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I think I'm possibly the only person in the world not to have seen it. :( Will definitely make it happen this week....

Doing Amélie as my document for my French Oral has forever destroyed it for me. Though, I'm not sure I fully got it in the first place. I do love whatsherface though... :)

>_>

And as for Amélie, is there really much to get? :p (I loved it)

But as bizarre French films go, Taxi is much better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Podginho

Role Models last night haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Fad wrote: »
    >_>

Okay, so I must be the only person in the world who wants to see it, who hasn't seen it.

It was in French! That means I actually have to pay attention at all times to what's happening, cos I can't get the gist of it from what they're saying cos I can't like, understand it. I'm not very good at paying attention for extended periods of time. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad wrote: »
    >_>

Anyone happen to see Je vous Trouve Tres Beau during the Leaving?
    Strange strange movie;
    "Aymé played by Blanc, a recently widowed farmer, is eager to find a new wife to help him run his farm. Desperate, he seeks the aid of a local matchmaker who suggest that he go to Romania to find a new wife."

Wholeheartedly recommend Persepolis on the French cinema front though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Craguls wrote: »
    Anyone happen to see Je vous Trouve Tres Beau during the Leaving?

yup!

Un long dimanche de fiançailles....another gud'un

My father the hero....just watched it there, I hadn't seen it in about 13 years I'd say...so funny!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

phlegms wrote: »
    Bought Tsotsi today, hopefully I shall get to watch it later. I have heard good things about it.
    It's good but don't expect something along the line sof City Of God. Tsotsi is much more slow paced.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Saw two French films recently - "The Class" and "Persepolis". Both are magnificent films I'd definately recommend to anyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    It's good but don't expect something along the line sof City Of God. Tsotsi is much more slow paced.

I was far far too young when I saw City Of God.......

K4t wrote: »

Watched it last night and it was wonderful!

Definitely had a city of god vibe off it, both in terms of tone and the general feel of the film. Thats by no means a bad thing tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Watching "I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK" on Film4 at the moment.

About a Korean girl in a psychiatric ward who thinks she's a robot. A bit surreal. Cool though.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Watching "I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK" on Film4 at the moment.

About a Korean girl in a psychiatric ward who thinks she's a robot. A bit surreal. Cool though.

♫ I'm a cy-borg and I'm okay, I kill all night and hibernate by day! ♫

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I saw "Suoper high Me" the last day.It's like Supersize me except the guy smokes weed all day every day for thirty days to see what effetcs it has on him.Really interesting and funny at the same time.

Going to watch Joyeux Noël later, assuming I dont do something stupid like start doing some college work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Let the right one in...really really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Renting "The Hangover" tonight! Can't wait! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Jackobyte wrote: »

You're only getting 'round to seeing it now? Where have you been? Oh man, it's so good:D

Paging Dr. ******

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I saw Gamer yesterday, it was good at first, then it got a little silly and anti-climactic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Jackobyte wrote: »
    It was epic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Went to see Paranormal Activity today.

Dear God help me trying to sleep tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back.

So good. :D

Star Wars, that's the one with captain kirk and all those space marines right? :D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Star Wars, that's the one with captain kirk and all those space marines right? :D

:eek:

Your lack of faith Star Wars knowledge disturbs me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

:P

The sci-fi soc (of which I am somehow the PRO) were showing new Star Trek film the other week here in DCU. Pick a few key moments in the film, turn to the guy next to you (secretary of society) and say "Is that the death star?" or "Are those Jedi?".
    Most awesome way to spend the film ever.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    :P

The sci-fi soc (of which I am somehow the PRO) were showing new Star Trek film the other week here in DCU. Pick a few key moments in the film, turn to the guy next to you (secretary of society) and say "Is that the death star?" or "Are those Jedi?".
    Most awesome way to spend the film ever.
    WIN! "That purple stuff, is that the warp?" "That big beast chasing him, that's a krootox, right?" (40K is nerdier than star wars and star trek combined!)

WIN! "That purple stuff, is that the warp?" "That big beast chasing him, that's a krootox, right?" (40K is nerdier than star wars and star trek combined!)

Yeah Warhammer is OK.

*hopes D4RK ONION was referring to warhammer*

• Advertisement

He was :) We fight, in HIS glorious name (used to be a Black Templar player)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement