Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I wish I got to play warhammer 40,000 but I dont know anyone with pieces or a board.

:(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

(final off topic post)
    Go to your local WH seller and they'll usually let you have a trial game with them. Be warned, it's an expensive hobby

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You guys are so wonderfully nerdy :)

Says the insect poet-lord!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Poetry is fun!

If only I had a poem about watching films...

(being tipsy is also fun...)

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Poetry is fun!

If only I had a poem about watching films...

(being tipsy is also fun...)

:cool:
    May as well take advantage of this while I can...

Wouldn't it be hilarious if you changed your name to DARK ONION?

jumpguy wrote: »
    May as well take advantage of this while I can...

Wouldn't it be hilarious if you changed your name to DARK ONION?
    Don't give him ideas you thank happy jumper! Besides, I don't know how he got that changed in the first place, there's no post in the sub forum.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Don't give him ideas you thank happy jumper! Besides, I don't know how he got that changed in the first place, there's no post in the sub forum.

Enough with the off-topicness! I have magical insect powers. That is all you need to know. Now, go to bed. Come back in the morning full of energy, enthusiasm and the desire to post as per topic of thread! :pac: :pac:

You know what was a great film? Starship Trooper! I saw it the other night there, man those bugs got blown to crap...

EDIT: Seriously though, I did see that film last saturday, it's so cheesy I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Just went to see new moon...laughed in all the wrong places:p

Loved it though in a "this story is ridiculous but robert pattinson and taylor lautner are hot" kinda way.

I'll give it one thing though, the special effects are amazing. The werewolves are serioulsy cool. Totally trump the werewolf in harry potter.

500full-harry-potter-and-the-prisoner-of-azkaban-screenshot.jpg

compared to this

jacobwolf.jpg

new moon wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Just watched Road Trip.

MI SCUSI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just went to see new moon...laughed in all the wrong places:p

Loved it though in a "this story is ridiculous but robert pattinson and taylor lautner are hot" kinda way.

I'll give it one thing though, the special effects are amazing. The werewolves are serioulsy cool. Totally trump the werewolf in harry potter.

500full-harry-potter-and-the-prisoner-of-azkaban-screenshot.jpg

compared to this

jacobwolf.jpg

new moon wins
    Harry potter tries to keep the image that he is human though whereas new moon they depict them as an out and out wolf!

but they make him look way too human in harry potter,if I remember correctly he even walks on his back legs sometimes. And he was about as scary as a teddybear....prisoner of azkaban was my favourite book and film but the werewolf just didn't do it for me!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I think for Harry Potter the warewolf was just meant to look strange and scary. And it does, kinda.. But in New Moon they wanted it to look very wolf like and kinda more cute, to reflect on it being Jacob :rolleyes:
    But have you finished the books coz theres another thing about the wolves but I wont say it unless you've read them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

The Matrix last night, thought would be fairly ****ty since I've seen it 8 hundred million times already, but no, it's still awesome :P

deise_girl wrote: »
    I think for Harry Potter the warewolf was just meant to look strange and scary. And it does, kinda.. But in New Moon they wanted it to look very wolf like and kinda more cute, to reflect on it being Jacob :rolleyes:
    But have you finished the books coz theres another thing about the wolves but I wont say it unless you've read them all.
    Haven't read them or seen the films. Not bothered by this twilight stuff! Not going to read them either but put what you're saying in spoiler thing anyway so not to spoil it for someone else!

Edit: Just to add, name is Jack, not jacob!:D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Watched Inglorious Basterds last night,I loved it although there wasnt as much Nazi killing from the Bastards as I hoped :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Watched Inglorious Basterds last night,I loved it although there wasnt as much Nazi killing from the Bastards as I hoped :(

the hitler bit was sensational

Fad wrote: »
    the hitler bit was sensational
    I loved the way ''The Bear Jew'' just emptied his whole rounds into Hitlers dead body =D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I loved the way ''The Bear Jew'' just emptied his whole rounds into Hitlers dead body =D
    I loved the Bear Jew, simple as!

I watched Fargo a few weeks ago. Typically Coen Brothers - Absolutely brilliant. It was so good. I definitely reccommend it.

• Advertisement

I love how much Marge loves Norm in that movie.

Just watched Tigerland. Had never heard of it before. Colin Farrell was in it. Was about the training endured by soldiers going to 'Nam. Was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I love how much Marge loves Norm in that movie.

I also love their accents! They're so strange, though apparently that's the traditional accent in North Dakota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Jay P wrote: »
    I loved the Bear Jew, simple as!

I watched Fargo a few weeks ago. Typically Coen Brothers - Absolutely brilliant. It was so good. I definitely reccommend it.

Fargo is INCREDIBLE. Easily my favourite Coen Bros flick.

phlegms wrote: »
    Fargo is INCREDIBLE. Easily my favourite Coen Bros flick.
    HAVE YOU SEEN BURN AFTER READING!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Gonna watch Thumsucker tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Watching Speed 2 on Channel 4 right now.

Never seen it before, but it's Willem Dafoe, so it can't possibly be bad.

Watching Speed 2 on Channel 4 right now.

Never seen it before, but it's Willem Dafoe, so it can't possibly be bad.
    LOL,thanks man I needed the laugh!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

HAVE YOU SEEN BURN AFTER READING!?

Nope, I'm putting it off because I havent heard great things about it..

• Advertisement

phlegms wrote: »
    Nope, I'm putting it off because I havent heard great things about it..
    Either did I,but it is incredible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement