Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Just watched Juno earlier, such a good movie :) and I love the soundtrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Fad wrote: »
    Gonna watch Thumbsucker tonight. :)

Christ, that was good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just watched Juno earlier, such a good movie :) and I love the soundtrack!
    The last song when they sing together is epic!!! Loved that movie. Have got the soundtrack as well!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

Watch The Royal Tenenbaums! I love that movie.... :)

Oh and Amelie. What a movie !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

pearliefan wrote: »
    Watch The Royal Tenenbaums! I love that movie.... :)

QFT.

Actually, I highly recommend any of Wes Anderson's films. In particular "Bottle Rocket" or "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou". I know the latter film took a lot of flak and was heavily critiqued, but I seriously love it. So quaint and heart-warming and lovely.

This scene cements why Wes Anderson is my favourite film maker:

• Advertisement

phlegms wrote: »
    QFT.

Actually, I highly recommend any of Wes Anderson's films. In particular "Bottle Rocket" or "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou". I know the latter film took a lot of flak and was heavily critiqued, but I seriously love it. So quaint and heart-warming and lovely.

I haven't seen either but I'll put them on my list! It's a long list though..... :o

I haven't seen either but I'll put them on my list! It's a long list though..... :o

Its well worth it, tis' a very different film to the rest of his stuff.

Check out the video I posted in my last post, twill make you want to see The Life Aquatic immediately!

Check out the video I posted in my last post, twill make you want to see The Life Aquatic immediately!

I'm not sure how I missed that video when I first read the post :pac:
    But you're completely right, I want to watch it NOW. It looks awesome!

I'm not sure how I missed that video when I first read the post :pac:

It really is wonderful. Way more emotionally impacting than people give it credit for. Even from a purely technical standpoint it is such a beautifully constructed film..I could babble on for hours about my love of Anderson's work, but people might start to grow weary of such posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

This scene cements why Wes Anderson is my favourite film maker:

Oh, that song... Beautiful. Definitely going to check that movie out. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I just watched Shine with my dad...It must be my 4th time watching it. I love it so much.

Oh, also, saw Paranormal Activity tonight. It was pretty unsettling, scary at times.
    Ending disappointed though.

I just watched Shine with my dad...It must be my 4th time watching it. I love it so much.

I really want to see that now, huge Geoffrey Rush fan is me.

Just finished "Withnail and I" again. Oh golly how I love this film, so unrelentingly funny!

Watched this again last night when I should have been sleeping...such a good movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Oh, also, saw Paranormal Activity tonight. It was pretty unsettling, scary at times.
    Ending disappointed though.
    I liked the ending. Liked how it ended on a downer. Too many movies have happy endings.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I just sat through most of Twilight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I think I just sat through most of Twilight...

No wonder you hid that. I feel sorry for you.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Are you on a mission to make me more and more ashamed of you everyday?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Are you on a mission to make me more and more ashamed of you everyday?

I've no idea what could possibly have given you that idea...

Modified_Raised_Eyebrow_Smiley_by_Prince_of_Powerpoint.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You know. One of these days, you're going to wake up and your bed will be empty...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I just watched Garden State for the first time. Have to admit that although a bit slow in places, I loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched Some Like It Hot again yesterday and it's put me in the mood for more old movies so I'm going to see La Dolce Vita Next. Watched When Brendan Met Trudy in film studies today too, kind of crap.

I liked the ending. Liked how it ended on a downer. Too many movies have happy endings.
    Yeah, no, I've nothing against the unhappy ending, just thought the whole boyfriend flying into the camera and demon-Katie-lunging at the camera was a bit lame. The alternate endings are slightly subtler, like Katie walking upstairs with a knife, covered in blood, and killing herself. That would've left me way more unnerved than the "shocker" ending that we got. Bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Body of Lies. Damn it's good, Russel Crowe is such a dick in it you'd just love to punch him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Yeah, no, I've nothing against the unhappy ending, just thought the whole boyfriend flying into the camera and demon-Katie-lunging at the camera was a bit lame. The alternate endings are slightly subtler, like Katie walking upstairs with a knife, covered in blood, and killing herself. That would've left me way more unnerved than the "shocker" ending that we got. Bleh.

There's three endings, the one we saw in the cinemas here, one they showed in the States, and another they only ever showed once at some film festival (That's the one you're talking about AFAIK).

The one they showed in the States sounds like by far the best one. I dunno why they didn't just use that one.
    You see the girl walk down the stairs, she screams, Micah goes down to help her, and it goes quiet, as per the ending we saw. But then, she walks back into the room with a knife in hand, and just rocks back and forth at the end of the bed for hours. Eventually someone walks in and finds the body downstairs, the police arrive, tell her to put the kinfe down, but she goes at them with it. They shoot her dead.

Though apparently, (cause I haven't actually seen this ending) there's a nice subtle twist to the ending. Just before the police open fire on her, a light turns on in the room at the other end of the hall, and the door closes, obviously it's supposed to be the 'demon'

Also, I'm watching W. right now. Love this movie.

Just finished watching Crimson Tide on TG4. One of my all time favourite films, the tension in it is almost life like and of course has one of the best scores (imo) done by Hans Zimmer.

From 2.35 to 2.45, just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Crimson Tide is savage, but I'm watching Aliens on Film 4 atm.

Just Watched "Burn after Reading". It was very enjoyable overall, thanks to whoever suggested it here!

Watching Office Space and hell it's already my favourite films! Seriously if you ever had a bad week watch this film makes you instantly feel good.

Trailers don't do the movie justice so go download get it!

• Advertisement

thegoonies.jpg

Watched this last week with the kids I babysit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement