Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 eleanoroosevelt

titanic. titanic 2 on youtube- "jack`s back" hilarious!
    The Motorcycle diaries is good too, beautiful scenery and will make you want to travel South America on a motorbike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Just watched Breakfast at Tiffany's....I only really love two scenes though.

The one where they go into the 5 & dime and steal the masks and the final scene where they go into the ally to save Cat.

Paul:I love you.
    Holly:So what.
    Paul:So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me!
    Holly:I]tearfully[/I No. People don't belong to people.
    Paul:Of course they do!
    Holly:I'll never let ANYBODY put me in a cage.
    Paul:I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!

*well's up*....
    I need to get out more.
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 streamy

K4t wrote: »
    Bruno - A great stress reliever with some serious laugh out loud moments. Very enjoyable.

Public Enemies - Bit of a let down. Flashes of brilliance but it's only ok in the end. Could have been great.

*reminds self to watch usual suspects*

Bruno was epic... but only in the cinema. It's not nearly as good at home. Watch O Lucky Man! It's way different to most movies, very experimental.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The local cinema stopped showing Bruno because of a complaint so I never got to see it. Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Monzo wrote: »
    Down with this sort of thing.

Careful now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

"Ace Ventura:When Nature Calls" is on!!! Funny movie + Jim Carrey = Sore ribs!!!:D

Scariest/best trailer I've seen in a while, I don't think this film comes to Ireland until March but I already can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Scariest/best trailer I've seen in a while, I don't think this film comes to Ireland until March but I already can't wait for it!

The old woman....I lol'd

The old woman....I lol'd

:D I screamed the first time I saw it but after watching it again after seeing your comment it has to be said I laughed too...still really freaky though!
    And the guy with the really long legs and arms...got a bit disturbed at that bit aswell:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

:D I screamed the first time I saw it but after watching it again after seeing your comment it has to be said I laughed too...still really freaky though!
    And the guy with the really long legs and arms...got a bit disturbed at that bit aswell:o
    Seriously!?I found that kinda funny too....sorry:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

BASEketball.
    If you haven't seen it, please do so. Side splittingly funny. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are amazing in it.

phlegms wrote: »
    BASEketball.
    If you haven't seen it, please do so. Side splittingly funny. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are amazing in it.

Love that movie.

Remer: I'll come, I love hospitals!
    Coop: No you don't, you like Taco Bell.
    Remer: No this one time I went to a hospital and got together with this really hot chick.
    Coop: Dude, that was a hostil.
    Remer: Oh, yeah.

Coop: Hey, Skidmark Steve, cool. You still hangin' out, playin' Nintendo?
    Skidmark Steve: Well, if you must know, I'm in my second year of med school and I'm training for the Summer Games. What are you two up to?
    Coop: Just hanging out. Playing Nintendo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The old woman....I lol'd
    Seriously!?I found that kinda funny too....sorry:pac:

You beat me to it! I spent that whole trailer thinking, "This is the stupidest looking melodramatic clichéd piece of- OLOL look at yer man with the legs - crap trailer I've ever seen."

Prophecy blah, world shrouded in darkness blah, fate of humanity depends on a single blah, blah blah blah...

Tonight I watched Bambi, The Warriors, and Napolean Dynamite.

Bambi's a bit weird. I'm saying no more.

Everyone's seen Napolean Dynamite.

The Warriors is now lodged firmly as one of my favourite movies. It's about a whole bunch of gangs in New York all trying to catch and beat the shít out of one gang, The Warriors, after a giant unified gang rally ends in violence. The whole movie takes place in one night, as The Warriors try to get home to Coney Island. Each gang has an AWESOME theme/uniform, like the BASEBALL FURIES (baseball outfits, beat the **** out of people with baseball bats, durr) and the MOONRUNNERS (who all wear dungarees and rollerblades, they actually look laughably adorable but hey, it was the 70's). So f*king cool.

A Neurotic wrote: »

Tonight I watched Bambi,

Did you cry?

WHHYYYY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE? WHYYYYY? :(

"This is the stupidest looking melodramatic clichéd piece of crap trailer I've ever seen."

Prophecy blah, world shrouded in darkness blah, fate of humanity depends on a single blah, blah blah blah...

I take it you didn't like it then?!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I take it you didn't like it then?!:D

And I thought that you had impeccable taste. Disappointing :p

Jako8 wrote: »
    WHHYYYY DID SHE HAVE TO DIE? WHYYYYY? :(

Cos she was a fupping dear and was most likely delicious. Grow a pair and get over it for fup sake!

lol but srsly : D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Tonight I watched Bambi, The Warriors, and Napolean Dynamite.

Bambi is amazing, and you know it :p

I can't get enough of Paris,Je T'aime at the moment. If you youtube it,you can watch some of the short films that comprise it. Some of them are thought provoking,others are downright hilarious.

I watched the Sex and the City movie for about the millionth time yesterday too :pac:

And I'm going to rewatch Superbad later. Might go to the cinema at some stage over the holidays,and I have to watch Il Postino for English and make notes on it and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Bambi is amazing, and you know it :p

I can't get enough of Paris,Je T'aime at the moment. If you youtube it,you can watch some of the short films that comprise it. Some of them are thought provoking,others are downright hilarious.

Paris Je T'aime is truly wonderful. The difference in styles of all the directors works so well! :D

phlegms wrote: »
    Cos she was a fupping dear and was most likely delicious. Grow a pair and get over it for fup sake!

lol but srsly : D

But she could talk :(

• Advertisement

The old woman....I lol'd
    I jumped when she lunged at yer man but LOL'd when she climbed the wall like a monkey.

When the guy grew his limbs was weird but when he started walking it was like, ROFL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

Jackobyte wrote: »
    When the guy grew his limbs was weird

ya i thought it was creepy too... those angels looked really cool
    hope its a good film :)

i watched the ugly truth today it was the funniest thing ever i could not stop laughing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was only watching that yesterday! :pac: The Gus van Sant one is awesome

That is all

Jackobyte wrote: »

That is all

I really really really want to see that movie...I'm pretty sure I know what happens at the end and stuff but the special effects look breathtaking!:)

I just came home from town to catch the end of The bridges of Madison County. I watched it with my mam around this time last year...for all of you who think the notebook is 'like the saddest movie EVER' you should watch it. Meryl Streep is the most amazing actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Have a long list of things to watch today but first it's Miracle on 34rd Street :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Home Alone,Home Alone 2 and I'm currently watching The Santa Clause 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Miracle on 34th street is on today at 5 or something on Film4 so I'm gonna watch that. I've never seen it before so it's a big moment!

• Advertisement

This just blew my mind! Shows what a great year we had in terms of films.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement