Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films are you watching?

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just from the screenshot on that youtube video I've decided I'm never EVER clicking play, even if I was promised that is contained transformers battling with John Green in a game of Rock Band 2, on the song "I Get By" being covered by Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just from the screenshot on that youtube video I've decided I'm never EVER clicking play, even if I was promised that is contained transformers battling with John Green in a game of Rock Band 2, on the song "I Get By" being covered by Rush.

There seems to be a lot of hate for my taste in movies:confused:

I loved 500 days of summer...just putting that one out there!:D

I've heard it was a bit dull, but yet to see it myself, so obviously, I'm reserving judgement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I thought it was wonderful! Don't worry, Dork Failion is just trying to be awkward..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Was good but was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long!!!
    .......MUST.....RESIST....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

.......MUST.....RESIST....
    Long like what, bob? Your shoelaces?

phlegms wrote: »
    I thought it was wonderful! Don't worry, Dork Failion is just trying to be awkward..

I genuinely wasn't, I was being honest :( there's no need to be mean flem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Watched Brokeback mountain last night,really like that film.

Never seen the ending until last night,it's so sad :(

oh god,I'm a guy, I liked that film,does this mean....:eek:........:cool:

I have an awesome taste in films or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I watched 8 Mile and I have to say, it is a pretty good film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

I watched The Wrestler. Mickey Rourke boy.

Then I watche Medillin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Bythewoods recommended it to me, then I watched it like 5 times.....

Just watched "The Boat that Rocked" for the first time. Very good film, really uplifting. Definitely a feel good film, got it for a fiver in HMV so none of you have an excuse not to buy it :pac:

"American Psycho" just blew my mind. Didnt realize it was going to be so good. The ending was amazing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just watched "The Boat that Rocked" for the first time. Very good film, really uplifting. Definitely a feel good film, got it for a fiver in HMV so none of you have an excuse not to buy it :pac:

I remember seeing that in the cinema and absolutely loving it. Once you don't take it too seriously it's a really fun film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

"American Psycho" just blew my mind. Didnt realize it was going to be so good. The ending was amazing.

I love psycho, great film. Had to study it in film studies and it just made it ten times better to know everything about it. Havn't seen the american one yet, was it on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Watched Brokeback mountain last night,really like that film.

Never seen the ending until last night,it's so sad :(

oh god,I'm a guy, I liked that film,does this mean....:eek:........:cool:

I have an awesome taste in films or what?
    I literally did not understand one word of that movie. Other than that, it was grand. I've probably watched more movies this past week than the rest of the year put together, so far today I've watched the Motorcycle Diaries and Life Is Beautiful (followed by Peep Show for added awesomeness). Get me with my foreign-movie watching bad self...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I love psycho, great film. Had to study it in film studies and it just made it ten times better to know everything about it. Havn't seen the american one yet, was it on tv?

They are two completely different films. They have nothing to do with each other. Both are brilliant though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

They are two completely different films. They have nothing to do with each other. Both are brilliant though.

Oh sorry completely wrong :o I was thinking of the remake of psycho, thought that's what it was called, don't mind me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Ell Oh Ell

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Blades of Glory, RTE2, now:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Slightly off topic here I know but ever read the book American Psycho? (which the film is based on). Pretty sick, the film hasn't got half the shít the book has in it.

flyswatter wrote: »
    Slightly off topic here I know but ever read the book American Psycho? (which the film is based on). Pretty sick, the film hasn't got half the shít the book has in it.

Haven't read it yet, but I do hope to check it out sometime. From what I've heard it's messed up beyond belief!

Back on topic, I can't believe American Pie came out over 10 years ago. Now I feel old :(

Haven't read it yet, but I do hope to check it out sometime. From what I've heard it's messed up beyond belief!

Yeah it is. I won't spoil it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I have tried to read the book no less than three times. As far as I know, it's the only book I've ever tried and failed to finish more than once.

It wasn't even the gore, but the constant, tediously miniscule descriptions of clothing labels and stuff that made it a hard read for me. I intend to go back and read it soon.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I have tried to read the book no less than three times. As far as I know, it's the only book I've ever tried and failed to finish more than once.

It wasn't even the gore, but the constant, tediously miniscule descriptions of clothing labels and stuff that made it a hard read for me. I intend to go back and read it soon.

Haha. I know what you mean. 'X is wearing a --- suit and --- shoes' constantly throughout the whole book! Gets a bit head-wrecking after a while. But you should stick with it, I find it perfectly captures the shallow consumerism of the 80's.

Has anyone else here seen High Fidelity recently?

I'm horribly depressed about how much I can relate to the character of Rob Gordon...

I'm horribly depressed about how much I can relate to the character of Rob Gordon...

Seen it a while back. Love the scene where Rob puts on The Beta Band in the music shop. A truly head-nodding moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I love that movie!

Mushy wrote: »
    Blades of Glory, RTE2, now:D
    Man I've seen that too many times!

"What I felt in my pants was weird and shameful"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Haha. I know what you mean. 'X is wearing a --- suit and --- shoes' constantly throughout the whole book! Gets a bit head-wrecking after a while. But you should stick with it, I find it perfectly captures the shallow consumerism of the 80's.

'His hair has a parting so fine it... Devastates me.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement