Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc, monitor not coming on

Options
  • 02-08-2009 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Well I finally completed this pc and it starts up and fans, leds, and dvd drive are all working. However it seems there is a graphics problem as nothing appears on my monitor when it starts up, not even a boot screen, it likes the monitor doesn't even 'see' the graphics card, an nvidia gtx 280. There are two green leds on at the back of the card though so I presume it is working. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

Make sure the power lead is pushed firmly home at the back of the monitor. I'm not kidding here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

The monitor is on and is working fine. I just tried it with this laptop to double check. Aswel as the green leds, the card also gets warm after a few minutes so it is definitely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

Did the screen come with a CD? If it did you may have to load them by using another screen befrore the new screen is recognised by the PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You sure You connected both pci-e power connectors from Your power supply? Both 6 pin and 8 pin?

Power.jpg

Advertisement