Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On crutches and drunk!!!

Options
  • 02-08-2009 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

So I broke my ankle. Today was one of my mates birthday we all had a bit of a laugh drinking at his but at 11 everyone went into town. Obviously steps are a bit of a challenge so I thought I'd give town a miss. Now I'm at home and drunk/crippled. Anyone else ever have a similiar situation?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

hahaha, never been in that situation, but I am laughing at the idea.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

bad out man... maybe you could flake on a couch/bed/comfortable piece of furniture thats near a tv and enjoy drunken crap all night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm at home, sober and able to walk. So yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭welcomeinjam

Keogg wrote: »
    bad out man... maybe you could flake on a couch/bed/comfortable piece of furniture thats near a tv and enjoy drunken crap all night:D

I'm flaking on a couch right now with a laptop and blues brothers on rte 2 on the tv, it's pretty **** but I think this is as good as it's gonna get

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

...and blues brothers on rte 2 on the tv, it's pretty **** but I think this is as good as it's gonna get
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was on a drinking holiday in Bulgaria with 11 mates last summer. On the 3rd night i got a bit of dutch courage and jumped down a flight of stairs when i was very pissed before we went out, turns out i tore ligaments in my knee because i landed awkwardly.

I limped around for the entire holiday, still i went out for the remaining 7 nights, i decided i wouldnt let an injury be a problem. If you get drunk enough the pain doesnt matter. Yes in the daytime it hurt, but then it was only a matter of killing time untill i started drinking again.

I hope this little story of my drunked idiotic self helps you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

el_weirdo wrote: »

He's right. I've seen that film twice (tried to give it a second chance :rolleyes:) and didn't laugh once. The Blues Brothers is shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭skippy15

Been on crutches for 13 weeks- in plaster for 10-:pac:
    So ye been doing it lot...nothing worse then drunk+slippy crutches+ stairs:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

I'm flaking on a couch right now with a laptop and blues brothers on rte 2 on the tv, it's pretty **** but I think this is as good as it's gonna get

Never give up, Get a bit drunker and then ring one of your exes and try get a sympathy shag

el_weirdo wrote: »

woah woah woah I am not saying the blues brothers movie is pretty sh*t i absolutely love the film. I meant the situation is pretty sh*t

• Advertisement

He's right. I've seen that film twice (tried to give it a second chance :rolleyes:) and didn't laugh once. The Blues Brothers is shit.
    But it's night time... and they're wearing shades!

Not to mention the car chase...

skippy15 wrote: »
    Been on crutches for 13 weeks- in plaster for 10-:pac:
    So ye been doing it lot...nothing worse then drunk+slippy crutches+ stairs:eek:

I've been finding it pretty hard to get in with girls on the crutches. Apparently girls don't like casts with a sock on the end so your toes aren't sticking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Happynappy wrote: »
    Never give up, Get a bit drunker and then ring one of your exes and try get a sympathy shag

he wouldn't have a leg to stand on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Had a broken leg a few years ago and went to the pub to watch a match, i had my foot up on a chair and every so often someone would bump into me, then apologies and buy me a drink, after it happened 3 times, my mates were egging me on to act more dramatic when ever someone bumped into me, so by the end of the night i was well drunk and hadn't spend a penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

Senna wrote: »
    Had a broken leg a few years ago and went to the pub to watch a match, i had my foot up on a chair and every so often someone would bump into me, then apologies and buy me a drink, after it happened 3 times, my mates were egging me on to act more dramatic when ever someone bumped into me, so by the end of the night i was well drunk and hadn't spend a penny.

Its good to have somone else foot the bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭skippy15

genius why didnt I think of that- went out with work last week actually and had ppl buying me beers all night

with women get the symapthy vote- make up a better story than what actually happened

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

So I broke my ankle.

I'll bet you're hopping mad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That is not ok to say.
    I don't know what kind of ship you think we run around here.
    But that fucking shit is not fucking ok to fucking say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

That is not ok to say.

Too bad chief. Blues Brother might have an alright soundtrack, but it's as funny as an empty room.

Man, I have to go to the jacks every ten minutes after a couple of pints...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

That is not ok to say.

+1 to that. Great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

That is not ok to say.

All the ****s are making me cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think the Blues brothers is shit also

• Registered Users Posts: 82,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

to be fair i didnt think too much of it either.

Advertisement