Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- August 2009

Options
  • 02-08-2009 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting this thread because the first of August came and went without anyone else starting it ... and it's rather unusual for a day to go past without half a dozen or more reports. I got one over on the forecast thread which is what reminded me to look as I often do before forecast time, and since Saturday has now come and gone, I'll just mention for continuity that it brought mainly dry conditions later in the day with some sunshine, but there were also some showers around earlier in the day, highs were generally about 16 to 18 C and the westerly winds were a bit on the strong side in some northern and western counties especially. So, on to Sunday the 2nd ... I hope someone will pin this thread soon to keep it near the top.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bright and sunny so far.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

after a nice DRY day yesterday the heavy rain returned in the last hour wind-southerly 3 to 4, 13 to 16 deg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dry, pleasant day, mostly overcast with some short sunny spells. Max 20.0C; currently 17.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fine start rain since about 4.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

cloudy with drizzel dont think its going to get any better

• Advertisement

Sunny after a lightly overcast start. Downhill from here on.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Warm and humid here in the sun. 21.5c atm but with bits of drizzle floating in the air.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bright and sunny, but some heavy grey clouds are making their way here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wella

Windy, overcast, drizzly on and off. Looks like things are gonna get worst before they get better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Very mild morning; very pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Indeed, nice mild morning, partly cloudy. 19.5c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

28.4C, clear night

max today of 36.8C,

on holidays near Murcia, Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

It is nice to see the improvement in the weather after a washed and chilled out July. Looking in another thread It is hard to get over the highest temperature was only 22C on the 1st compared to June with a respectable 28c. After a damp start today the weather was mostly fair and dry. It felt like up to 20c. The weather last week wasn't turning as bad as the forecast are suggesting. I believe this is a good sign of the overall weather pattern. If you are finding the weather worse than the forecast it would look like the whole pattern is going downhill.

Decent and improving for the rest of the week :eek: There is the chance it'll settle after the next dodgy spell (if it happens early next week).

Summery

heavy rain during the night cloudy with light drizzle now (must be the weekend):rolleyes:

Manky as the drizzle moves in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Temp up to 21.4C already here. Thats the 6th day this month that it's topped 20C, and the 3rd that it's topped 21C!

The drizzle cleared quicker than I expected (ie I thought it would be mucky all day) now sunny.

Little line of heavy looking showers just about to hit south Dublin. Was lovely here most of the day. Very dark now. 20.5c atm.

• Advertisement

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Dull overcast morning.

Warm bright and breezy from a warm land westerly.
    Currently sunny.

Very warm 22.1c

Mixed overhead but dry, mild and quiet.

Another cloudy morning. Mild.

Sunny and warm but it won't last :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Sun splitting the trees here in Co Wicklow....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sun splitting the trees here in Co Wicklow....:D
    and above 24C...

No fear of any trees splitting here!
    Breezy and wet. 16C.

• Advertisement

Mothman wrote: »
    and above 24C...
    just reached 23c here in a beautifull sky and a strong yellow yoke.

My aws has been relocated to a safer location away from radio range to the pc unfortunately.
    It got knocked down by accident whilst I was away for a weekend
    At least it's working.

A permanent location will need sorting but it will be a while before I have the time.

Advertisement