Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A guitar noob needs help

Options
  • 02-08-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭

Learning guitar for around a month now, going grand so far, but now I have hit a wall.

I can change between chords fast enough now however, when I'm transitioning to a new chord I stop strumming as well, it's driving me up the wall. :mad:

Does anyone have tips to help me continuing strumming while changing chords?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

creggy wrote: »
    Learning guitar for around a month now, going grand so far, but now I have hit a wall.

I can change between chords fast enough now however, when I'm transitioning to a new chord I stop strumming as well, it's driving me up the wall. :mad:

Does anyone have tips to help me continuing strumming while changing chords?

Thanks!
    practice,practice , practice and it will all come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

joeduggan wrote: »
    practice,practice , practice and it will all come good.

That's the only way! You'll want to practise to the point where you can be confident your hands will keep on keeping on if you need to concentrate on something else - with a bit of practise, your right hand should be moving like second-nature and you can put all your thinking into moving your left hand fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

El Pr0n wrote: »
    That's the only way! You'll want to practise to the point where you can be confident your hands will keep on keeping on if you need to concentrate on something else - with a bit of practise, your right hand should be moving like second-nature and you can put all your thinking into moving your left hand fingers.

Once I got confident enough with chords what I did (and this is only my way, could be pants) was to strum the song, no matter what, no matter how screwed up my fretting was, keep the rythm going. One and two and three and four and (or whatever the song is) and just keep that going. The two eventually merged and I could balance the two! But like most things, just keep doing it a million times, after a while you don't need to look at your hands cos you can just do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Dude...you're only playing a month ...give it time;)

Advertisement