Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Govt. to place CCTV camera inside people's homes

• 02-08-2009 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭

So apparently the UK govt. is trying to get up to 20,000 families homes monitored by CCTV
    They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals. Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.
    Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

Would probably solve any economic troubles they have too, set up a TV channel just for live feeds.
    If people are pathetic enough to watch Big Brother they'll love this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Pygmalion wrote: »
    So apparently the UK govt. is trying to get up to 20,000 families homes monitored by CCTV

Would probably solve any economic troubles they have too, set up a TV channel just for live feeds.
    If people are pathetic enough to watch Big Brother they'll love this.

Heh heh, can you imagine what eviction night would be like!!!??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

That's the greatest load of bull i have ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

When I was young England was a free country..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Holy crap, despite being the one who posted this here I didn't even notice that the Children's secretary is called Mr. Balls.
    How could I have missed that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I really don't see this working. Too easy to just break the camera:rolleyes:
    If the families are so anti social, breaking a camera is too easy for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think they have made a Balls of it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

It's a story from the Express therefore I would take it all with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

what a load of ball

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

haha that would be such b/s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

:eek:

You were right all along!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Caoimhín wrote: »
    When I was young England was a free country..

Jaysus you must be fairly old!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

America has a lot to answer for, like why they didn't let Hitler liberate the poor brits from their fascist police state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I don't see it as a bad idea. As they say; if you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry. The misuse and abuse of the footage by the authorities should be punished severely and the families should be allowed claim massive remunerations.

Lol does it seem to anyone as if the British security/law policies are ever more similar to the policies of 'Big Brother' in Orwell's 1984?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Boxers over CCTV cameras, problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I don't see it as a bad idea. As they say; if you'vedone nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry. The misuse and abuse of the footage by the authorities should be punished severely and the families should be allowed claim massive remunerations.

Lol does it seem to anyone as if the British security/law policies are ever more similar to the policies of 'Big Brother' in Orwell's 1984?

This NEVER happens, and all the new powers the british police were given, and local councils, have been abused wholesale, with NO comeback, or compensation, reinforcing the rampant abuse of power.

Go to england, take a photo in public, see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

I don't see it as a bad idea. As they say; if you'vedone nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry.

Are you serious, CCTV in peoples homes, allow that **** and it will be the same for everyone in 15 years. Riding the gf on the couch would be out the window anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

colly10 wrote: »
    Are you serious, CCTV in peoples homes, allow that **** and it will be the same for everyone in 15 years. Riding the gf on the couch would be out the window anyway :D

If there were cameras inside all of the houses, the best place for riding would be out the window, preferably in a CCTV blindspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I didn't even notice that the Children's secretary is called Mr. Balls

At least his first name isn't Harry...

(or Dick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

FruitLover wrote: »
    At least his first name isn't Harry...

(or Dick)

or Hugh G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

keen wrote: »
    Boxers over CCTV cameras, problem solved.

Or Burberry peeked cap:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If there were cameras inside all of the houses, the best place for riding would be out the window, preferably in a CCTV blindspot.

tbh, it seems this are junkiee homes or people that look like they're from shameless.

I think the cops would turn off the cctv when they see the state of some girl's gowls.

*shudders at thought of junkie gowl*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

seems like this has already begun. just shoot them,it would be cheaper :D

Advertisement