Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

using Skype on a 3 phone abroad

• 02-08-2009 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Will be in France for hols soon. Have a 3 phone with Skype on it. Fance is not one of the "3" countries where you call call home as though you were in Ireland. Can I use Skype abroad while not on the 3 network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

i believe you can use skype, if you using skype on your three phone to another skype device it should be free, if your using skype to call a non skype device then it will cost, very cheap though (But you need to buy a skype topup online i believe)

I think the above is accurate though i am not 100percent mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

i tried using skype while in america a couple of weeks ago and i would not work as far as i know you have to be on the three network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Can I use Skype abroad if I connect to a wifi network, or does the skype app only run when on a 3 network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

you can use skype via the wifi one of the lads use to do in america on his i phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

You can only use the 3 skype client on a 3 network - since they are not in France you won't be able to use it. If you have wi-fi on your phone then you could use an app like fring or indeed if you use an iPhone the native skype client to make and receive calls.

• Advertisement
Advertisement