Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue piercing closed up methinks

• 02-08-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Help me oh wise ones! ;)

I left my tongue bar out overnight and I can't seem to get it back through :(

I'm very sad really, as funny as it sounds. Did it actually close up overnight? It seems to fast!! :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Help me oh wise ones! ;)

I left my tongue bar out overnight and I can't seem to get it back through :(

I'm very sad really, as funny as it sounds. Did it actually close up overnight? It seems to fast!! :eek:

Tongue piercings can close up very quickly! How long have you had it pierced for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Probably did close up mizzlolly, if you can't get the bar in easily yourself don't push any harder as you may damage yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I had it pierced two and a half years ago. The top part is still open, underneath isn't though. Fook! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Wouldn't try to force it in,same thing happened to a friend of mine,he took it out one night,tried to put it in the next day but it wouldn't so he forced it in and something just popped,it was disgusting,he had to let it heal all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hahaha eww I'm not gona force it in, don't worry!!

I miss it so much though, I keep forgetting it's gone. :( /sob

ah well. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ExcellentChoice

oh god yeah, tongue pierceings close up insanely fast,
    even if i take mine out for cleaning for about 15mins I still put another in to hold it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Maybe you should go back to your piercer, they might be able to get a smaller size bar in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

same think happened to me, local piercer was able to re open for me :) Think it was 2 days after I took it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DublinWan

i took mine out for 2 an half hours for singing before and it basicly closed up was going ape rang piercer and they were lik yeah id say so told me to leave it and come back in 2 or 4 weeks cant remeber which and i ws lik ah **** that and baaasicly re-pierced it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Repiercing your tongue yourself is a pretty dodgy thing to try, and would REALLY not be recommended!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I wouldn't recommend it either. It has happened to me a few times. Left it out for a night or two and it partially closed. Me, I forced it through. Had to heal again but it was okay. Should have went to the piercer though.

I won't be taking it out for any extended period of time from now on. Unless I don't want it any more.

Advertisement