Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group text from phone

• 02-08-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good phone for group texting, I have about 70 in the group. I asked in a phone shop and they said it can be very processor and memory intensive on a phone and on some you may have to select 10 at a time rather than all at once.They took my details and will ring me back. I can do it handy from the mobile web site but with O2 you only get 250 free texts per month which can be used up fairly quickly. The cheaper text offers are only on texting from a phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would suggest trying out a Nokia Symbian. I've never sent to 70 people but I've used 10 to 20 without issue. It just queues them up.

Alternatively perhaps look into something like O2 Desktop Text provided by O2 which integrates with MS Outlook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Thanks Random

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Joe I would suggest the Nokia E51 - I do a lot of group texting - largest group has 141 numbers in it but I have had 44 groups on the phone at one time and it handled it no problem - I have 372 numbers in total that I send texts to and if I send a text to everyone it just queues them up like Random says - I tried different phones in the past and the problem I faced was most of them couldnt cope with a group with more than 20 contacts in it! Hence the trusty ole Nokia!! Kilsmum:P:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Hey Joe,
    I’ve just started sending group texts myself. I bought a prepaid Nokia 3120 on meteor to do the job, but after I bought it I found it will only let me send to a max of 20 at a time. So I use Nokia PC Suite to compose and send the texts through the phone. So far it’s working for the 90+ contacts I have on the phone, but I’m not too sure if there’s a limit. It works very well but the phone is always connected to my pc so it might not suit you if you need to bring the phone with you.

Advertisement