Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill's Newsagent in Blackpool

Options
  • 02-08-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Anybody know whats happening in the above named shop, first they stop selling newspapers (other than The Examiner and The Echo), now their stock seems to be getting smaller and smaller. Of course I could ask the staff but that might embarrass them. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Same happening with the shop in douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Just been told that the shop didn't open at all yesterday. Looks like they are gone.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The one in douglas has been closed for ages. It says it's for renovations on a sign outside but i haven't seen anything happening in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Remember a few years back when there was three of them on Patrick St. alone. Couldn't help but thinking that the business was being handled incredibly poorly because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Hills in Blackpool was closed today when I was down there. No signs up to say why so i ll just assume we wont be seeing them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 tomthevet

Gone into liquidation yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

*DooDooDoo* Another one bites the dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 locka99

JimBob85 wrote: »
    Hills in Blackpool was closed today when I was down there. No signs up to say why so i ll just assume we wont be seeing them again.

I saw they were closed today too. A few months back I asked them why they weren't selling magazines and they said it was a dispute with their supplier. If they weren't in financial difficulty before that they certainly were afterwards. I think there was another branch next to Tesco in Douglas which has probably gone too.

Advertisement