Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potatoes in very small plot

Options
  • 02-08-2009 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

what is the best way to maximise amount of potatoes you can sow in a very small plot. at present i have room only for two drills. is it possible to set them on the flat which might give me three rows but i suppose i would sstill have the problem of trying to earth them up and may run out of space!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

dewdrop wrote: »
    what is the best way to maximise amount of potatoes you can sow in a very small plot. at present i have room only for two drills. is it possible to set them on the flat which might give me three rows but i suppose i would sstill have the problem of trying to earth them up and may run out of space!

Is not the reason for the raised drill to ensure they do not become waterlogged and rot? If so then putting them on the flat would not be a good idea ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

dewdrop wrote: »

try growing them in a barrel,

cut large holes in the side of a barrel, place your seed spuds close to each hole filling with well rotted compost at each layer,can be grown on a patio, and will suffer less disease, also you can extend the growing season

Advertisement