Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Passat B6 "Angel Eye" Headlights - Opinions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I notice the seller is in the US, make sure they're for RH drive cars and that they conform to EU legislation. US beam patterns are different than ours so you should check that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

..plus the shipping will be savage AND you'll more than likely get caught for vat/duty....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

OK.. I've done some more digging and these can be ordered from Germany so no nasty customs surprises.

Still an idea at the moment, but which type do ye reckon suits the car better - the round BMW angel-eye look, or the newer Audi LED style? It may come to nothing, but I kinda like the BMW style more myself.

See pics (comparsions with the BMW/Audi originals included)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Prefer the BMW look myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

I prefer the original Passat style!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Depends if you want your VW to look like a Bmw or an Audi.....;)

Dont forget they drive on the right in Germany too....

I should've done a poll!

(a) BMW-style Angel Eyes
    (b) Audi-style LEDs
    (c) Don't fix it if it ain't broken

Mods? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

poll added.

eoin wrote: »
    poll added.

ta eoin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Why waste your money making your car look like something its not? Thats just my opinion of course. Personally I'd spend my money on xenons if a lighting upgrade is what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I am of the opinion that the BMW angel eyes only look good on BMWs, the same as Lexus lights only looked good on Lexus cars. I don't think the Audi leds looks good even on Audis. My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Angel eyes me thinks. The Audi LED's don't look the best on the Passat

Advertisement