Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half-read books are the bane of my life!

• 02-08-2009 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have a terrible habit of leaving books half finished, not because I get disinterested in the story but I am the type of person that gets really enthusiastic about one thing and puts all my energy into something and then wants something different and goes and looks for the next thrill !

It's something that annoys me a bit about myself but what can you do? Mostly I will go back to something a few months later and develop the same enthusiasm but I can only sustain it for so long.
    As a result I am a fickle person but have many, many interests :)

Anyway, half-read books that I can finish as I own these books:

The god of small things - re-read it a few weeks ago so shouldnt have to start again to finish it but overall I find it depressing.
    The third policeman - will have to start from the beginning as it is years since I started it but loved what I had read of it
    1984 - re-read it a few times and have always got up to the same part of the book. Have always found it a fascinating read but something always crops up and I seem to abandon it
    Pride and Prejudice never finished this when I was supposed to have read it for the inter cert - extremely ashamed of that to be honest :(

Other books that have belonged to someone else and I didnt get a chance to finish, so may take me a while to get around to reading

Brave new world - again a fascinating book but a friend was reading it at the time and never got around to asking to borrow it.
    Fahrenheit 451 - I think I may have bought a 2nd hand copy of this, or it may have belonged to someone else but will have a look out for it
    The virgin suicides - bought a copy of this when I went travelling but somebody stole it so not my fault that I didn't finish it!
    On the road - borrowed this from the library and never finished. Never got into it TBH but want to get into it so will borrow it again

There are loads more but after looking at the Guardian 1000 books list these are the ones on it that I have only half finished.
    In the next few weeks I am going to sort my way through this and hopefully finish them :)

Advertisement