Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER Activity

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Just tell them that I sent you legs!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

sydthebeat wrote: »
    correct me if i am worng, but are they (and NCTS) not under contract to the government to carry out these tests???

NCTS is one single contract with one company. As far as I know the HGV test centers are licenced to carry out the tests, they can undertake other work as well, repairs, servicing, tachograph calibration etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

Firstly not a member of BERASSOC but I think its a good idea for a number of reasons 1) gives a voice to all BER belivers ( of which I am one), 2) provides a training element for all, which can only rise the standard of assessors and thus the BER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

If you want to see for yourself how ridiculously low some of the prices are simply put your own, or an imaginary house up on the BER cert web site.
    After all its free, they are making their money on the backs of assessors and ruining the business in the process. There is no obligations with them, you put up a house you get quotes you act on them if you so choose.
    I put a house up of 2000 sq ft (bungalow) and got an all in quote of €100.:eek::eek::eek: and a few for €120.
    Of course doing this you may consider is not a very polite course to take, but hey as far as I am concerned the likes of ******* are a cancer to this business.

Anyone doing certs for those prices are imbecilles and can not possibly be giving a credible service.

There used to be a forum there but they had to abandon it because of all the squabbling and the vitriol being directed at the owners of ********, as no one was actually getting any work from them no matter how little they quoted

thanks for the link to that website, my brother is letting his home and a cheap, quick BER is all he wants to keep the estate agent happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bhoypaul

As stated by No6 the BERASSOC is a very good forum and is doing great work for BER Assessors.
    I also take no part in running the forum but I'm glad I joined. The committee are constantly in contact with the SEI and the minister and I would suggest that a lot of the technical bulletins that have been issued to assessors has been as a result of the pressure from the BERASSOC.
    I'm not sure how much it costs to keep a website/forum open but at €60 per member they won't be heading off to the Carribean for a holiday on the money. I would also agree with No6 and say the joining fee was the best investment I made in my BER career

I did read the thread that was referred to on cavity blocks. The question asked, in my opinion, only proved that the originator was technically challenged to be a BER Assessor. One person did make that clear in his reply. It was followed by the PC brigade shouting from their moral high ground that the reply was uncalled for. An apology was made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement