Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Times: Ikea 22% more expensive in ROI over NI

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dopey wrote: »
    I stand corrected. IKEA Dublin is 22% more expensive than Belfast.

See other thread in this forum by Fungus - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055638786

did you notice this in the thread?

A price comparison of six products yesterday found that four were cheaper to buy in Dublin than in Northern Ireland.

The products include:

A Klippan two-seater sofa priced at €125 in Ballymun. The UK price was £117.45 (€135.76).
    A Klippan pouffe was €45 in Dublin, compared with £39.15 (€45.25).
    The IKEA 365+ 18-piece dinner service was €29.99, almost €3 cheaper than the £28.38 (€32.80) charged in the North.
    A Granat cushion which cost €2.99 was seven cent cheaper in the Republic. "

NEWSFLASH IKEA DUBLIN CHEAPER THAN BELFAST

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

See other thread in this forum by Fungus - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055638786

Could you please at least read the thread in its entirety before you link it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Once again the appropriateness of a username is born out by the quality of the posts. All is right with the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Theres a thread here on the exact same topic if you bothered to look closely enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

Theres a thread here on the exact same topic if you bothered to look closely enough!

Well if you "bothered" to read this thread you would have noticed that I posted in a different forum and the Mod moved it in here. The next time I post I'll read all of the posts on boards.ie to avoid any duplication. :rolleyes:

Mod, please close this thread in favour of the other thread of the same topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

IKEA stated that the prices were the same in the south as the north. Am I missing something :confused:
    Well now we found the something you missed, the TRUTH...
    eightyfish wrote: »

the Swedish furniture superstore claimed that prices in Ireland’s first and only outlet would be in line with those in the north.
    So no mention of a match, In fact the only IKEA quote I see specifically gave examples that they would not be the same.
    “It is the case that some items may be cheaper and some may be more expensive, but as Garry Deakin (the store manager) has previously said, on average, prices are more or less similar,”
    "More or less" is meaningless marketing BS, like "fresh" or "new & improved"

Again "about" is meaningless marketing speak.
    No, you need correction again. it said UP TO 22% which I stated in that thread too. More meaningless talk...
    however the Times is a reputable newspaper and the title does state - Ikea says Dublin store will match Belfast on price
    That is the very reason why they are NOT reputable, that goes for the sunday times too, both are deliberately misleading people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement