Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant give 30days notice with three

Options
  • 02-08-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i rang up this afternoon to cancel my three mobile phone contract and after over ten minutes of the operator asking why i wanted to leave three and trying to get me to change my mind saying there were cheaper upgrade offers when there are not he than suddenly could not hear me properly when i insisted i wanted to leave three!(the upgrade offers are the same price as buying the phones online!)

is this the latest in poor customer service from three? has anyone experienced any other company's care staff being hard of hearing for only part of a telephone call?

i have sent an email to three anyway requesting the termination of my contract and service from 2nd of september so that will do as proof and i will resend the email until i get confirmation they have recieved it!

ps: if mods feel this is better in mobiles&pda's move it on as it is only a rant about poor service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

contract is up on 2nd of september i was trying to give them 30days notice which is required but they seemed unable to process that.

(thread title changed to reflect the situation a bit better)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Exactly, just port out to another network. Problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Giving notice is pointless, just port out, once your contract ends you'll just get a final bill, problem solved, but since its 3 they'll probably screw something up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Give notice via writing register mail and then port, best of both worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Yep, write them an email to:

customer.services.ie@3mail.com

and send a receipt request. Quote your acc number and phone number.

You can write too to:

3 Customer Services
    PO Box 333,
    Dublin 2

3's customer service is the worst I've encountered... and that's saying something because good customer service here is the exception rather than the rule, mores the pity.

Good luck.

Advertisement