Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

String Quartet looking for advice about gigs.

Options
  • 02-08-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just a little back-round info first! I play in a string quartet. The four of us are advanced music students and we have plenty of performance experience.
    Basically, we are interested in doing gigs, mainly in Dublin, Kildare and Meath. I suppose we would be most interested in doing weddings and receptions. We can play anything from classical to pop.
    I know that string quartets are very popular at weddings and there is definetely a market out there! As we are students, we wouldn't be charging the high prices that some of the professional quartets would charge so i know we would probably appeal to many couples in this economic climate!
    Would any of you have any ideas on how to get gigs? I would be very greatful for any help! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You've already posted this in Bands/Musicians. Don't post duplicate threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement