Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is after transition year a good time to switch schools?

• 02-08-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I've just come out of transition year, going into 5th now.
    Im seriously thinking of switching to a different secondary school, because I have never really liked my current school. I dislike several teachers Im going to have for leaving cycle, and I've never really got on with my year. I have a wide circle of friends, but most of them are from other schools or are girls.
    Im thinking of moving to a mixed school, any feedback, such as good mixed schools in sth dublin, weather now is a good time to move. And so on.
    Thanks

Andy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

institute maby? idk

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BrerAndy

I have been looking into the institute, the fees are pretty high though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

how about that school near monkstown, ah the name escapes me, non-uniform school as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Institute, Andrews or Newpark.

First two are fee paying, Newpark isnt, I'm not saying it isnt a good school but, if you want to succeed, it is very much on you to work teacher mightnt push you as much if you go there (I DID NOT GO THERE, I'm only passing on what I've heard).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

Would it not be a bit late to start considering moving in terms of registration and that.

Also consider do you really want to have to travel to school, and are your parents willing to pay for it.

I can see where you are coming from but you haven't left yourself much time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 newtogame

my daughter left her secondary school in 6th year and went to the institute due to poor teachers.It was really good and though expensive it was worth it.It is only one year and if you work very hard you will get the reward.Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ladyofthelake

It is because you can get a better pedigree if you're going to a good school. People in uni sometimes do this, they go to a so so place and then in their final year they transfer and voila, now they are a graduate of "blha blah" instead of "blah".
    Do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

Well, if you want to,

Well if you want to,

Well, if you want to,

Well if you want to,

aaaaahhh

If you wanna change adooodoododooodo
    And there's nothing in range adoodoodoododoo
    Just... Change!! (adoodoooodooo)
    Change!!! (adooodoooodoodooodo)
    CHANGE!!!

YES

WE

CAN

Adoodooodooo

When your life's a mess and you're in distress,

JUST PUT...

A...

Banana...

In your...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

OMFGWTFBBQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

omg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Other than the Institute you don't have a chance of getting into any private schools, the waiting lists for most go back to 1st year. It's either the institute or a public school and you'll need a decent reason for them to accept you.

Advertisement