Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Aquathon

Options
  • 02-08-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I've been advised to post this here instead of the triathlon forum as I suppose you really can't beat local knowledge...

I was wondering if anyone is doing the Skerries Aquathon on August 22nd? What's Skerries like for swimming - is it normally calm enough?

http://www.aquathlon.3dtri.com/

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - That course is fairly sheltered unless you get a northerly or north-easterly wind (unlikely at this time of year).

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭onimpulse

Thanks for that... still a bit nervous of sea swims for some reason - silly but there you go!

onimpulse wrote: »
    Thanks for that... still a bit nervous of sea swims for some reason - silly but there you go!

The guys and gals in the RNLI will be there to keep an eye on you. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

What is an aquathon? Long swim race? Might let the people in Photography forum know about this as they have a "whats on" so they can get out with their cameras

LeoB wrote: »
    What is an aquathon?
    Check out the link in the first post. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement