Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Pike

Options
  • 02-08-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone any recommendations on marks in cavan fishing well for pike at the minute....or if not fishing well at the minute where i should be looking come autumn?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

There lots of good pike lakes around the Cootehill (Co. Cavan) / Ballybay (Co. Monaghan) area, namely the Dromore river system

http://www.mahonfarmhouse.com/fishingmap.html

Drumlona usually fishes very well, so to does Baraghy and White lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gonzo08

Just wondering if you need a permit to fish any of the lakes in cootehill Co. Cavan. Any tips on bait or techniques would be helpful too as im newish to fishing. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

you dont need a licence or permit to fish for pike. cavan has more lakes than days of the year so no shortage of places, buy a map.
    i prefere to fish the small lakes and always get my biggest bag of pike from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

Gonzo08 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you need a permit to fish any of the lakes in cootehill Co. Cavan. Any tips on bait or techniques would be helpful too as im newish to fishing. Thanks

Tbh I'm not big into the fishing and rarely do any. No permits are required for any of the lakes with pike/roach/perch/bream etc. Obviously for the trout lakes there is a season for that and think you need a license also.

I used to just use spinner or spoon baits and had great success. Dead bait is good also, either roach, perch or mackerel.

Advertisement