Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impressing the opposite sex

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I am quite drawn to :Dhappy upbeat people.....My OH says he was drawn to my confidence and my ability to compromise.... Generally once I show i can fit my whole fist in my mouth it impresses them lol!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

What impresses me in women is much the same that impresses me in men- honesty, integrity, maturity, intelligence, independence, common sense, open mind. What really, seriously, makes me roll my eyes in disgust/distaste/dismissal, in women, is (apart from the opposite of the aforementioned) caring about frivolous things like shoes, makeup, soaps, celebrities and other "girly" things. If a woman is tasteful about these things, that's fine, and I do notice a snappy dresser, but if there isn't anything beneath this surface she's not my type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I get all my mates to talk up my "manhood" , by the time she realises what what a horrible bunch of liars they are hopefully my personality and sense of humor will of won her over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ciagr297 wrote: »
    couldn't agree more....holding out for someone with a genuine interest in my life...any day now:P

Yeah! It's an amazing feeling when someone remembers something really trivial that you've told them. God, I love that!!

So basically I need a guy with good manners and a good memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I love when a person just can accept the fact im a bit odd and get really exicted over small things like seeing a hedgehog or hearing a song i like.

though so far no one can stick me when i let loose my psycho side
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I love when a person just can accept the fact im a bit odd and get really exicted over small things like seeing a hedgehog or hearing a song i like.

I'm the same! I went to China Town in London and spent about ten minutes just looking around and mewing at the Asian delights! No joke! :D
    Novella wrote: »
    Yeah! It's an amazing feeling when someone remembers something really trivial that you've told them. God, I love that!!

So basically I need a guy with good manners and a good memory!

Good manners are very attractive. I like a man with good table manners and grammar skillzz especially! Not sure why, maybe because I've been brought up to value those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm the same! I went to China Town in London and spent about ten minutes just looking around and mewing at the Asian delights! No joke! :D

Good manners are very attractive. I like a man with good table manners and grammar skillzz especially! Not sure why, maybe because I've been brought up to value those things.

My friend from London is on a 6 month adventure of food in china reading his blog can turn stomic's. I would love to try scorpion crackers eal, and anything else, tho I'd love to go to northern India to try the food there devistatingly rich and divine mmmmmmmmmm

well manners are important!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

i'm just wondering if we equate good manners with lack of bad language?

i was raised to have good manners, which i think i do, but i do have a fair stock of bad language.
    i am alot more careful now about using it though, and i've noticed I never use any unless i know someone or feel comfortable they won't be offended by it

??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Silas

Give her two tickets to the gun show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

ciagr297 wrote: »
    i'm just wondering if we equate good manners with lack of bad language?

i was raised to have good manners, which i think i do, but i do have a fair stock of bad language.
    i am alot more careful now about using it though, and i've noticed I never use any unless i know someone or feel comfortable they won't be offended by it

??

When I say "good manners" I mean saying please and thank you, being polite, table etiquette... but now that you've mentioned it, I suppose I would consider cursing to be quite the opposite of mannerly, in some situations.

I don't mind the odd bit of swearing, but if someone used curse words a lot, just in everyday conversation, rather than when they were angry or highly strung, I probably would consider it bad manners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

When I say "good manners" I mean saying please and thank you, being polite, table etiquette....

Totally agree about good manners. And being considerate to others, like holding a door open for someone instead of letting it slam in their face!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

When I say "good manners" I mean saying please and thank you, being polite, table etiquette... but now that you've mentioned it, I suppose I would consider cursing to be quite the opposite of mannerly, in some situations.
    phew! i've got these down anyway :D
    I don't mind the odd bit of swearing, but if someone used curse words a lot, just in everyday conversation, rather than when they were angry or highly strung, I probably would consider it bad manners.
    actually i've become quite paranoid about this, so i'm actively trying to stop myself swearing unless i'm genuinely annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Good grammar is a big one for me too! I'm a sucker when it comes to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I curse a shocking amount, then again I went to an all lads school for 5 years, then I went to a kip for another 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

Actually I must agree with the grammer skills thing as well...I do get quite annoyed when I read emails, etc from other people which contain grammer mistakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have impeccable manners and fantastic grammar, but I curse like a sailor. 14 years in all male school will do that to you, especially if that school is in Mahon.

Then again, the word fcuk is an adjective really, if it's in the dictionary it's not a bad word!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I have impeccable manners and fantastic grammar, but I curse like a sailor. 14 years in all male school will do that to you, especially if that school is in Mahon.

Then again, the word fcuk is an adjective really, if it's in the dictionary it's not a bad word!!!

F-c-U-K

mean fornacate under some word i cant remember, of the king, or something like that can't remember where i heard it but its a fact. that is an acrinim (sp) for something :confused:

I would also like to random facts impress me but more then anything its having that key a crucial thing something that interests us booth so we can chat about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge.

I impress the opposite sex with my complete lack of coordination when drunk dancing!!!

Advertisement