Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica - My Apocolypse (New Intro)

• 02-08-2009 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

What do people think?

The band posted a free download link on LiveMetallica.com

I'm in two minds as to why such an aggressive song needs this kind of introduction, alas Fight Fire with Fire, whereas the band already have 'The Unforgiven 3' which has a piano type intro followed by some heavy pieces.

On the other hand it adds to the build up of the track but does little else to be remarkable. If they felt an intro was right for the song then surely they would have placed it on the song when it was released, right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Its alright I think. The intro itself is cool but I dont see how it fits in with the song at all. Gives off a feeling of All nightmare long more so then it would My Apocolypse :pac:

here it is anyway. Its a bit of lenghty process trying to download the thing haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Meh - I dont see what it adds to the song tbh. Theres already an acoustic intro on DM, maybe thats why they didnt put it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I really like it, doesn't really irk me one way or another that its not really part of the song, I think they're trying to evoke the concept or feeling of the song as a kind of prologue rather than making everything consistent. Actually I think its better than the song itself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I don't see it adding much either.
    But then again, I'm probably just used to the original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Seems a bit random doesnt it? Doesnt fit the song too well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement